Can you block long distance from cabin phone?

B&R626

We're traveling with teen and twenty somethings and I've already told them cell phones will be in the safe, but it is my understanding that you can call out on the cabin phones. Is it possible to have this feature blocked while on the cruise?

I just want to help them avoid this temptation altogether. Thanks!

The way I unstand it is you have to give them a credit card number to use the ship to shore calling. So unless they have their own credit cards to use they can't make any calls. I have hear that if you check with some of the crew that some of them know where there are good rates for calling card call in some of the ports. If your kids are not responsible enough to listen and not make call after you tell them no. Why are you taking them with you?

We're traveling with teen and twenty somethings and I've already told them cell phones will be in the safe, but it is my understanding that you can call out on the cabin phones. Is it possible to have this feature blocked while on the cruise?

I just want to help them avoid this temptation altogether. Thanks!

I'd definitely ask at the Purser's desk if they can block the phone -- otherwise, if you just don't feel like you can trust them to not do something so financially foolish, I'd unplug the phone and lock it in the safe too!

I dont think you need a credit card, no operator comes on the line. I called a rental car company from the phone in the cabin, and you have to just follow the directions in the cabin, which arent that easy to find, but not that hard to do.

Like Fire said you just dial out direct from your cabin the instructions are in the green book. A word of caution, make sure those cell phones are also turned off to avoid any possibility of roaming charges for texting and voicemail.

I don't think that LD can be blocked, but if you are concerned I would definately remove the base cord from the phone and lock it in the safe.

Archived