1st time on Princess, specific cabin question

Lil Eng

If the deck plan on the Princess web site is accurate, the view is just partially obstructed. Looks as though you'll have a view between the lifeboats.

E230 is too far forward for our taste. You'll most likely feel a bit more ship movement in that location than you would at mid-ship or aft. I see there are cabins in the same category more toward the aft end of the ship; you might want to have your TA check for availability.

Others who answer may have a differing opinion, but more aft would be my recommendation.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

That looks like a good location (sort of midship) near elevators if I'm not mistaken.

With all due respect, I wouldn't characterize the location of a cabin that's forward of the forward elevators as sort of midship.

Lew

With all due respect, I wouldn't characterize the location of a cabin that's forward of the forward elevators as sort of midship.

Lew

you are correct I was basing their location on the location we had on the Diamond (most forward cabin on port side). I meant its not too far forward or too far back, and it is not so bad being near the elevators.

We were just in that area last week. Even though you may be between lifeboats, the mechanism in that area can be more of a view and light obstruction. Our family had two staterooms, and I thought the adults were getting the better view (appeared to be on the diagram), when if fact my boys got the better room. In short, the diagram does not show the full obstruction. Other than that, the location is fine.

We're novice cruisers and travel agent booked us cabin E230, said it was obstructed view which is ok with us. Anything we should know? Thank you.

We had that cabin and also E228 on the CB. Love the location and plenty of view.

We're novice cruisers and travel agent booked us cabin E230, said it was obstructed view which is ok with us. Anything we should know? Thank you.
I would stick with the cabin you have, great view. I have stayed in E205 (much further forward)and had no problems with ship movement. Do not listen to people that have not stayed in these rooms.

Archived