Will I Make The Flight?

PrincessJen

In August of 2005 I will be sailing on the Carnival Destiny & I'm looking at a flight that leaves San Juan at 11:21 in the morning flying back to NY. I know that when I was on Princess this past August that they let people off first that had early flights. Does Carnival have the same procedure or should I look for a later departure time?

I've never sailed Carmival myself, but every line I've sailed has let the early departures off early. 11:21 is certainly a bit tight, but you'll probably be OK. I think if the next departure wasn't untill 5:00 or so, I'd stick with it, but if you could get a mid-afternoon, I'd rebook.

We once made a 10 o'clock flight... that was off of Celebrity though. I think the best people to ask about this would be Carnival themselves. Try to reach someone on the ship, who handles conceirge-like things, (or at least someone at Carnival beyond the genenric telephone operator) and ask them as far in advance as possible if there is any way to accomadate you. If you throw in phrases like "We're really looking forward to sailing with you, and want to make sure we can do so", and are very complimentary, my bet is they will do all they can to help you. They don't want you to cancel because of a flight. It would lose you as a customer, and any friends who you shared your dilemma with as well.

Good luck and have fun cruising!

Archived