Bring a fan on the ship

I love my white noise machine, hardly takes up any room and travels every where we go. I even have one for home use. Great investment! We had no trouble adjusting the air conditioner in our cruise room.

Fans take up too much space and weight especially with the airlines' stickiness on weight these days.

OK, so how do you know the noise isn't blue red, yellow or purple? :rolleyes:

Ciao for now!!!

Fans take up too much space and weight especially with the airlines' stickiness on weight these days.

Not really, if you have the right size fan. This is the type I take.

http://www.coolfansonline.com/servlet/Detail?no=4

Its small, and it weighs next to nothing.

It won't cool the whole room but its perfect for a little breeze while while I sleep.

We usually bring abosrd:

Coffee maker

Window air conditioner

Gas Grill

Blender

Several cases of water

icon7.gif

You never know when you will need this stuff!!icon12.gif

Crack me up!!!! What cabin are you in and what time is the party?

Cheers:cool:

~Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right~ Robert Hunter

OK. You talked me into it. Now I'll be travelling with another electrical appliance. :) We sleep with a ceiling fan blowing on us all year round and yes, I have noticed stuffiness in the cabins from time to time.

MszKitty: Was that the 5" fan you bought or the larger size?

Pia, check out your local discount stores, this is the time of year to find those 'deals'. I found mine on clearence a few years ago, and it is larger than a 5", somewhere like 8" and it packs flat. I think the horrible price was $6. They close out those smaller ones especially in August, September.

OK. You talked me into it. Now I'll be travelling with another electrical appliance. :) We sleep with a ceiling fan blowing on us all year round and yes, I have noticed stuffiness in the cabins from time to time.

MszKitty: Was that the 5" fan you bought or the larger size?

Actually, I have both a 10" and 6". I've had the 10" one for several years and I just recently bought the 6" one. Thats going with me for the first time on my upcoming cruise. I tested the smaller one, and it gives off just as much air as the 10". Less room and weight.

Also....I bought mine at Walmart...not from the website I linked so they aren't exactly the same ones, but very similar. The brand I have is called O2Cool. And its rechargeable and has the option of using electricity (I take an extention cord)

I always have a fan also, need to feel the air at night, it does help me sleep. I find them very small and cheap in the grocery stores in the fall, with the summer close out stuff. I have bought small light weight fans for about $ 4 or $5 dollars discounted from $30-$20! I just put them back for the next cruise or when we land travel! I do occasionally give them to the room steward when leaving esp if I know I have another at home, or maybe when I have bought too much stuff on the cruise! :D

Pia, check out your local discount stores, this is the time of year to find those 'deals'. I found mine on clearence a few years ago, and it is larger than a 5", somewhere like 8" and it packs flat. I think the horrible price was $6. They close out those smaller ones especially in August, September.

Actually, I have both a 10" and 6". I've had the 10" one for several years and I just recently bought the 6" one. Thats going with me for the first time on my upcoming cruise. I tested the smaller one, and it gives off just as much air as the 10". Less room and weight.

Also....I bought mine at Walmart...not from the website I linked so they aren't exactly the same ones, but very similar. The brand I have is called O2Cool. And its rechargeable and has the option of using electricity (I take an extention cord)

We always carry an extension cord, so now I have a new mission. Thanks guys. Let the search begin! :D

I have to admit when I first saw this topic, I honestly thougt it was a joke but after reading I can see how wrong I was. I have a hard enough time trying to bring all my shoes that I need with me somewhere around maybe eight pair if my DH isn't looking. I can just see me trying to sneak a fan let alone a coffee pot in my luggage. I do bring an extension cord and a night light and I also sleep at home with a ceiling fan on. Between the two if I had to choose I would bring the fan, but still wouldn't leave my shoes home.

I have to admit when I first saw this topic, I honestly thougt it was a joke but after reading I can see how wrong I was. I have a hard enough time trying to bring all my shoes that I need with me somewhere around maybe eight pair if my DH isn't looking. I can just see me trying to sneak a fan let alone a coffee pot in my luggage. I do bring an extension cord and a night light and I also sleep at home with a ceiling fan on. Between the two if I had to choose I would bring the fan, but still wouldn't leave my shoes home.

Shoes. The root of all evil. ;)

I bring a hand held fan that uses 2 batteries.It also has a water spritzer so when we are in hot destinations I can cool off. Bought it a Wal-Mart for under 10.00.

I have one of those; got it free on some sort of promotion. Never used it.

Toto,

I do the same. I use the battery operated candles sometimes in the

bathroom for a night light. Just unscrew the bulb in the morning so the

battery doesn't wear down. Works great. Our next cruise in March will

be our first mini suite, so now you have reminded me to bring 'extra' candles and doiles and cute little festive cocktail napkins and the list goes

on and on.....:)

Sherri

Toto,

I do the same. I use the battery operated candles sometimes in the

bathroom for a night light. Just unscrew the bulb in the morning so the

battery doesn't wear down. Works great. Our next cruise in March will

be our first mini suite, so now you have reminded me to bring 'extra' candles and doiles and cute little festive cocktail napkins and the list goes

on and on.....:)

Sherri

Sherri, with all jokes aside, our little battery operated candles have saved us on several sailings. I think we are a jinx, as about every other cruise we sail on the ship looses power. Sometimes for only a few minutes, sometimes longer. I can't tell you how our little battery operated candles have helped out when it is pitch black in the stateroom. Especially on the one sailing where the power was out for over an hour.

As for the rest. Yep, I have my little Hawaiian/Tahitian flowered cocktail napkins sitting out already to pack for the next cruise. ;)

Some pack their clothes only, we pack several little things that make our stateroom our home away from home with a few things to make it more festive.

You don't even want to know what I used to take along when the weight limits for all flights was still 70#'s. ROFL

Well.... I like going out of FLL and I like staying at the same hotel, as I

send a box ahead of time of all sorts of 'stuff' we don't need. We are always traveling with other couples and we have so much fun with some

of our props. They are always waiting each day to see what the next suprise is. We have 'breakfast club' on our balcony, and drinks before dinner-so we're pretty much party headquarters and there's always the

element of suprise and joy of laughter and friendships that lugging some

of this junk along creates.

Archived