How do you describe RC to someone new?

I'm taking my best friend from college on his first cruise in January on the Rhapsody and he asked me last night what Royal Caribbean is known for, what the pros and cons are for RC and the Rhapsody. I guess he's starting to think "practical" now vs. just being excited about going on his first cruise. I also assume that people are asking him questions about the cruise too... and that he doesn't have anything to tell them.

I mentioned to him that I've read a lot of positive reviews about the Rhapsody being a friendly ship. Other than that, I wasn't too sure what to say. I've heard mostly positive reviews about RC & about the Rhapsody. But, I couldn't easily answer his question beyond that. What would YOU say if someone asked you about RC or about the Rhapsody?

Thanks for the help! :)

p.s. A BIG determining factor for us taking THIS particlar cruise was because it left from Galveston. That alone narrowed down our choices significantly. Price & overall good reviews "sold me" the rest of the way. Even so, I struggle to give him clear answers to his questions because I've never sailed on RC or on the Rhapsody before. Again, thanks for any input you can share. It's greatly appreciated! :)

Tell your friend get ready to be pampered. And to look forward to lots and lots of smiling faces from the crew and staff. These are what make RCL special to me. And the ships are gorgeous, but if you've never cruised you don't have anything to compare them to. Just take your word for it.

I cruised on Rhapsody and enjoyed it. It's a well laid out ship and I like the Solarium on sea days. It's inside out of the wind and you can relax at the pool and swim and there are hot tubs there also. Don't forget the hamburger stand there either! You wouldn't want to miss out on a between meal snack!

Another nice feature I found was the Sauna and Steam Room in the Spa area. It's free and hardly anybody takes advantage of it.

The meals were very enjoyable and we liked our serving staff.

I don't think you can help but have a great time sailing on Rhapsody. Happy Cruising!

There have been several threads about the Rhapsody,and a great deal of input from people who have cruised her many times. It would be a good idea to use the search feature and pull up some of those threads. Lots of info available there.
I agree... and have actually spent significant time on this particular board searching for specifics to answer my own questions and curiosities. However, it's a bit overwhelming for a newbie (such as myself) to summarize all the things I've been reading into something concise and clear for someone else (who is also a newbie) to understand. My friend has never been on a cruise... so there isn't a reference point for him... and I'm struggling to summarize all that I've read. It doesn't help that I've only been on one cruise before and have never sailed on Royal Caribbean. Thus, I threw out the question... hoping that I might get some assistance from others who could better summarize it all for me.

Thanks again! :)

Archived