Beaches in Corfu?

jane02

We will be mid cruise by the time we get to Corfu and feel a day of R & R at the beach followed by a few hours in Corfu Town will be the way to go.

What is the best beach to perch ourselves at for half a day? Preferably somewhere where we can hire chairs and have a nice lunch.;)

I was in Corfu less than a couple of weeks ago and I visited Glyfada and Paleokistritsa. Glyfada as a beach is nicer. The sand is nicer. It's bigger.

Paleokistritsa is alot smaller and more crowded and the sand is very pebbly, and the water is colder. But I think the views are prettier.

Thanks for the great photos and information. Did you just catch a cab to Glyfada? Are there restaurants at the beach where you can have lunch? Can you hire beach chairs and umbrella?

Thanks again.

Kellie;)

I actually rented a car when I was Corfu a week or so ago. It was very easy to drive around the island. Ath both locations there are beachside eateries where you could have lunch, and there are definitely tons of chairs and umbrellas for rent.

I actually rented a car when I was Corfu a week or so ago. It was very easy to drive around the island. Ath both locations there are beachside eateries where you could have lunch, and there are definitely tons of chairs and umbrellas for rent.

Did you pre book your car rental or do it on the day? Was it easy to find parking at the beach and was the signage easy to follow?

Thanks for the information.;)

Did you pre book your car rental or do it on the day? Was it easy to find parking at the beach and was the signage easy to follow?

Thanks for the information.;)

I had pre-booked my car rental. But there were plenty of car rental companies at the pier for those that didn't pre-book. I talked to a couple that just rented a car at the pier and they didn't have any problems.

I was given a map and it was really easy to follow. The signage is very clear. The only thing is that as you head to each beach there are some winding roads heading from the high mountain elevation down to the beach.

At Paleokistritsa, there is pay parking (3 euros) and a big lot. But a little secret is that if you follow the signs to the Marina/Port, there is plenty of free parking, and you just need to walk an extra minute or two to get to the beach.

At Glyfada, before you get to the bottom of the hill where the beach is, there is plenty of free parking on the side of the street (you'll see lots of cars parked there, just find a spot - we didn't have a problem in the late afternoon). If you get to the bottom of the hill, then there is also plenty of parking, but its pay parking.

Has anyone taken a cruise around the local islands in Corfu because we did this last year and absolutely enjoyed it. The boat operator stopped along various areas so that we could go for swims. We saw a lot small secluded beaches and I much preferred this to going to one beach in Corfu.

Thanks again for all of that very useful advice. Can I ask which car company you hired with? As I am a Virgo, I am a bit obsessive about organising in advance.:D

Sorry, I just saw your previous question.

The car rental company was Corfu Sunrise.

I've heard reports that some car rental companies are not very reliable. But no one has ever complained about this one.

Archived