Newbie to Carnival

Jevsy

Hi, just booked a 6-day Carnival Freedom cruise with my hub and 14yr old son dep. 18/10/09. It's our first carnival cruise, went on Island Escape for our honeymoon 4 years ago (without the youngster of course!)

Discovered these forums and I think I may be in trouble for spending so much time reading them instead of more worthwhile activities!

Got lotsa questions but not a lotta time at the minute. As I said my son is 14, do they really restrict the groupings according to age i.e. does he HAVE to go in the circle C as opposed to the Club O2 which starts from 15? Don't think he'd be impressed with talent shows and stuff!

My son did go into the Club O2 when he was 14...the staff person asked him his name and room number, then questioned his age. He made up something about me getting his year of birth wrong - Like that's going to happen. They let him stay. We only saw him at dinner - then he was off again with his friends, they mainly just hung-out in the "club" as he liked to call it and visited the pizza buffet a lot. This was his first cruise and he loved his "club"!

Jevsy,

WELCOME to Carnival you'll have a Fun Cruise! :D Make a list of questions and post them here you'll get lot's of answers and suggestions. Both good and no so good. :o But as with everything in life take with a grain of salt and it will be OK! And IMHO no question is silly, dumb or stupid if you learn some thing from it. So ask away! :)

Jevsy,

WELCOME to Carnival you'll have a Fun Cruise! :D Make a list of questions and post them here you'll get lot's of answers and suggestions. Both good and no so good. :o But as with everything in life take with a grain of salt and it will be OK! And IMHO no question is silly, dumb or stupid if you learn some thing from it. So ask away! :)

Thanks very much for being so positive!

Hi, just booked a 6-day Carnival Freedom cruise with my hub and 14yr old son dep. 18/10/09. It's our first carnival cruise, went on Island Escape for our honeymoon 4 years ago (without the youngster of course!)

Discovered these forums and I think I may be in trouble for spending so much time reading them instead of more worthwhile activities!

Got lotsa questions but not a lotta time at the minute. As I said my son is 14, do they really restrict the groupings according to age i.e. does he HAVE to go in the circle C as opposed to the Club O2 which starts from 15? Don't think he'd be impressed with talent shows and stuff!

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO Jevsy: Welcome to Carnival Cruise Line. Carnival is one of my favorite cruise lines and I've taken more cruises on Carnival than any other single cruise line. They provide an enjoyable exprience on your cruise. You also get the biggest bang for your buck here.

Archived