Thomson Prices

Hi

I have been keeping an eye on prices of our already booked 14 day cruise on the Destiny next January as friends of ours are looking to come along at a bargain price! Yet again this week the price has gone up by £20 per person - this is about the 4th increase since we booked in January. It now means that a 2/3 outside cabin from Manchester - inside cabins on lower decks are not listed as available - is now almost £2000 per person with the drinks package. Can't help thinking that Thomson must have an awful lot of bookings already or there are going to be bargains around come the end of the year. On the surface, Thomson don't seem to be nearly as good a buy as other lines - I don't think that a lot of people, particularly first time cruisers, take into account tips, high drink prices etc. when looking around. Anyone any info?

Sandie

Hi,

We have experienced this also with proce increases when my sister had booked and we were looking to go in our experience the price did not get any cheaper it seemed to stay around the same if not slightly dearer. It does seem they are selling that cruise well as the price goes up and down depending on how many they have sold. Also a little tip the prices always go up on a Friday as we were informed by a Thomson employee

i've also been watching the prices for the Destiny and Dream for end June / early july next year - Destiny on 26th June appears to be sold out as you can't book that date , the first week in july for 2 adults and a child has gone up from £3215 to just over £4000 , the Dream has gone up from £3800 to £4500 , whilst i would like to go on the Dream , i can get the Independance of the Seas for £1100 less for the three of us (although i still have to get from Glasgow to Southampton) plus i'd have $300 on-board credit - that works out at over £1300 les for a superior ship , would i spend £1300 in two weeks on the RCI ship - who knows , but think Thomson's are vastly overpriced this year and we loved our Cruise last year (£2900 same three people last year i should add !!!)

We spent in excess of £1000 on trips, photos, bar bill and tips - everything was WAY more expensive on RCI than Thomsons. They even add 15% for a diet coke that you go to the bar to fetch yourself because the service is so tardy!:( If you get free AI it can work out cheaper on Thomsons.:)

Archived