Which Ship's Aft Cabins Offer The Most Sun?

mejoe39

I sailed with Holland America once on the Westerdam a couple of years ago and lucked out to get an aft wrap around cabin. (This was before the Westerdam, Zuiderdam, and Oosterdam were reconfigured.) The balcony was huge and extended way out. You could lay out on your balcony and get plenty of sun without having to fight for a chair around the pool. Those people in the decks above could look down and see you on the deck but I didn't mind. I was there to get some sun.

Sadly the balconies on those ships are no longer as large since (I believe)the ships were put in dry dock and refurbished. But I am on a quest to find a balcony on a ship with any cruise line that offers the same (or close to the same) amount of uncovered balcony space. Does any one have any suggestions? If you could provide the ship's name, deck, cabin number, and/or photos that would be great.

Thanks.:)

carnival ships with the corner wraps-- cat 9's on most ships except the Spirt class ships which they are cat11 suites

Spirit, Legend, Miracle and Pride are Spirit class ships- the wrap arounds are cat 11 suites and are very nice- the cabins are broke down into sections with the sleeping area seperated from the sitting area. (most these cabins only hold two people)

Deck 5 of this class ship is not a true suite so you would not want to book that for the money.

Deck 4 is covered-- a faboulous deck if one was doing an Alaskan cruise.

-

the other ships-- Destiny/Victory/Triump are cat 9A.

deck 7 is the best.

And the Conquest class have the same layout..

--

Having never sailed Royal Caribbean Radiance class I have heard they are just as good.

Voyager class aft balconies have the steel super structure but pretty huge balconies.

I sailed Princess Grand Class in C753/C52 but sadly they get no sun except the sliver you get at the rail. For me this was the best balcony we ever had

• 1 month later...
I sailed with Holland America once on the Westerdam a couple of years ago and lucked out to get an aft wrap around cabin. (This was before the Westerdam, Zuiderdam, and Oosterdam were reconfigured.) The balcony was huge and extended way out. You could lay out on your balcony and get plenty of sun without having to fight for a chair around the pool. Those people in the decks above could look down and see you on the deck but I didn't mind. I was there to get some sun.

Sadly the balconies on those ships are no longer as large since (I believe)the ships were put in dry dock and refurbished. But I am on a quest to find a balcony on a ship with any cruise line that offers the same (or close to the same) amount of uncovered balcony space. Does any one have any suggestions? If you could provide the ship's name, deck, cabin number, and/or photos that would be great.

Thanks.:)

Your end cabins/wrap around balconies on the Radiance class and Vision class have less of an over hang than other balconies. Depending on where the sun is you will have sun on partial or more than half of the sun on the middle balconies. You can have sun closer to the railing, but people will be able to see you from above. Radiance class D1 cabin 9256 is wonderful, JS 1100 is too. If you look at the deck plans and have any questions I will try to answer about a specific number. Voyager class has some obstructed view unless you get to deck 10.

Archived