New to cruising, Pride in Nov.!

cherbear711

Hi all,

My dh and I will be taking our first cruise this November. We sail from Baltimore on the Pride on the 22nd. We are both very excited, but also a little nervous that we may miss out on things, or commit a faux pas unintentionally.

If anyone can offer advice, tips, info on the Pride, excursions, etc. I would so appreciate it.

I'm looking forward to getting great advice from all the experts here, I gotta tell you that this board has been a huge help!

Cher

Cher, Please read the review I am currently writing and others about the Pride. Go to the port sites to find out what to do there. As long as you don't leave you manners at home you should be fine. Treat your fellow passengers and the crew with respect. People seem to forget common curtesy while on vacation, letting people out of the elevator before you get in, give people with disabilities room to get by, don't cut in line, talk loudly in the show or

be a chair hog. Leave the auto tips in place but feel free to give extra tips to anyone who gave you great service. Most important have fun!:)

Cher, As far as missing out on things, there was usually only one big thing happening at a time. Bring a highlighter and when you get back to your room in the eve after dinner your new Caper(the Carnival daily list of events)Highlight the things you don't want to miss. I love bingo, so I scedule my meals around morning and afternoon bingo. The first sea day is an excurtion talk. Don't miss the Love and Marriage show and the Liars club. Usually any entertainers they bring on board are worth seeing, the comedians and ventriliquist. The deck party is always fun. If you are into trivia they have several sessions a day. If you like wine do the wine tasting, usually the 1st sea day. If you are pool people, the aft pool is for adults only and is more quidt, but the lido pool is where the action is(belly flop and hairy leg contest) there are dance lessions, ice carving and towel animal demos, golf lessions. THere is something for everyone. I love sea days, very relaxing. You can be busy all day or sit by window with a good book.

CherBear,

Welcome to Cruise Critic and crusing. First the bad news, be prepared to contract a serious syndrome right after you arrive on the ship. That's the "I HAVE TO CRUISE" syndrome accompanied by the dreaded "I NEED TO GET BACK ON A SHIP" syndrome once you get home.

Approach EVERYTHING with an open mind, read everthing you can including CC, tour books (from the library, it's cheaper) and even, dare I say it, other cruise related sites. There is a wealth of information out there. Don't forget the anonimity (sp) of the web leads to ignorant postings. Take them with a grain of salt.

I'm SURE you will love cruising, almost as much as me, and wish you the very best possible experience on your first cruise, but if you don't have that don't give up, please try it one more time before you kill the thrill.

As you can see in my signature we'll be right behind you so don't drink all the beer, my DS gets thirsty.

Again, welcome and enjoy.

MedicKen

I like you already..lol. I'm originally from the Pittsburgh area, and a die hard Steeler fan, so I trust your comments.

Dh and I will try and leave a few drops of suds for you, and I will keep an open mind. I'm trying hard not to get too excited it's a long while before we sail. Even if our cruise is less than I hope, when we get back to Baltimore, the Steelers are there for a Sunday night game, hubby got us tickets, so I'm twice as excited.

Archived