Hotels in venice for 1 night

swcruise

I usually do most of my hotel bookings on www.booking.com. I have found some of the best rates in Europe here.

It depends on where you wish to stay also. Staying on the canal is going to cost more than if you stay in Mestre, which is about 7-10 minutes from the center of Venice. If you wish to save alot of money and stay in the Mestre, there is a hotel called Novotel Venezia Mestre. It is a very nice hotel and has rooms for 89 Euro a night. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you to Piazza Le Roma, Venice, where you can catch another shuttle right to the port. Just Google the name of the hotel to find their website.

We chose to stay on the canal at the Best Western Hotel Olimpia. It is a small hotel and rated very good on Trip Advisor. The customer reviews were the selling point. We wanted to be on the canal and closer to the main attractions, within walking distance. And to catch the free shuttle to the port.

Hotel Olimpia offers a free shuttle to the port?

Thank you.

I'm thinking the rooms may not yet be available for booking? :confused: Keep checking each week - seems that Euro bookings are not available as early as they are in the U.S.

I'm retracting my statement!:o Seems the BW Olimpia is open all the way through next October. This is one of the first hotels I have seen available for one year from now. Sorry to give bad info.

Hotel Olimpia offers a free shuttle to the port?

Thank you.

I believe that the only free shuttle to the port is from Piazzale Roma and is operated by Costa Cruises when they have a ship in port. The Hotel Olimpia does not have a shuttle.

• 2 weeks later...

The BW Olimpia does not have a free shuttle to or from Piazzale Roma - it was 20 Euro taxi ride from the Port to the hotel. But there was a free cruise ship shuttle to P. Roma from our cruise ship when we disembarked at Vwenice, but there were 4 of us with loads of suitcases so we took a taxi instead.

We can't say enough about this little hotel - it was accessible, clean, had a.c., friendly, lovely garden and delicious breakfast. Woulf stay there again in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived