Is it more costly to go on one of the newer ships like Equinox as opposed to the Merc

travelgyalrox2

Is it more costly to go on one of the newer ships like Equinox as opposed to the Mercury?

I just wonder because the Equinox seems so much better....I went on the Mercury and it was nice and all but now I'm seeing pix and hearing stories of the Equinox and saying WHY DIDNT WE GO ON THAT ONE??

Is it more costly to go on one of the newer ships like Equinox as opposed to the Mercury?

I just wonder because the Equinox seems so much better....I went on the Mercury and it was nice and all but now I'm seeing pix and hearing stories of the Equinox and saying WHY DIDNT WE GO ON THAT ONE??

You can always check prices of comparable upcoming cruises to find out.

It seems that most mass market cruise lines keep the per day rate approximately the same (discounts / specials can obviously greatly change that). It's possible that is accomplished in part due to the fact that newer and larger ships can accomodate more people and they leverage economies of scale.

For the first few months of the operation of a new ship, they can and do charge premium rates because there is enough demand from those who want to have "bragging rights" to having sailed the newest (or the biggest) After about a year, the rates will be comparable to other older ships of the cruise line.:)

We were looking at booking Solstice for next winter, and we've found that for equal cabins, the cost for their 7 day cruises are much more than taking a longer cruise on one of the M Class ships. One would have thought that Solstice's prices would have started going down.

It all depends on demand. The faster the ship books the higher the prices go. The slower, the lower they go.

For a really popular sailing or new ship booking right at the beginning when the sailings are first released can be the most economical. For an older ship that everyone has been on during an unpopular time of year waiting till after final payment will give you the best deals.

Be happy with what you picked and look at the ship you now like for your next cruise!

Cheers!

Michelle

Archived