Food Allergies?

mangomike

My son Tyler (age 3) has a severe allergy to Peanuts, Shellfish and Eggs. He is also irritated by Tomatoes, Strawberries and Beef.

How does DCL handle food allergies? Would you recommend bringing our own food? Incase there is a reaction are they medically equiped to handle it.

I'm sure DCL is quite good but I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this?

Thank you in advance for you help.

On DCL's website you can print off a medical form. Do that and send it in. That will be given to the ships doctor and he will notify your wait staff about the allergies.

Usually the Head dining room manager will come personally and help you through the menu to be assured he will be eating safely.

The easiest way is to have all meals in the dining rooms, NOT the buffet.

So the wait staff can help you.

we had a grandson who has allergies and they are AWESOME making sure he gets only what he can have. This is a common problem for people so they are use to handling food allergies.

No worries. you might want to just bring a few snacks he may want between meals when you snack but are not in the dining rooms.

My daughter has a treenut allergy. Last year we were on the Wonder. They told us to talk to the person in charge at the buffet and they will show you what he can eat at the buffet as well. They are very very careful.

Archived