Fundy Coastal Tour?????????

"Travel along rugged coastlines with stops that include a Bay of Fundy beach, a working fishing wharf, waterfalls, and more! Your coastal adventure also includes a photo stop at the world-renowned Reversing Falls Rapids, where the mighty Bay of Fundy causes the Saint John River to reverse direction twice every day and flow upstream! This excursion takes you off the beaten path and along the coast of the Bay of Fundy, and the scenic beauty that you'll photograph is breathtaking. Learn about the way of life for those who make their living along the Bay of Fundy. "

Can anyone tell me what kind of scenery this tour would see? Would it be bleak like the pictures of Peggy's Cove seem to be? Since we live on the Gulf Coast, a fishing wharf doesn't interest me. Also, we will be there on Sunday, the day before Canadian Thanksgiving, so we don't know how much will be open if we try to go out on our own. I read on another thread that car rentals were closed last year, as were many restaurants. We are hoping to see fall foliage on this cruise, so that is our primary goal.

Hello:

I live in Nova Scotia and it has been a few years since I drove along the fundy coast in New Brunswick.

It is not rocky and bleak like Peggy's cove. It is interesting because of the extreme tides. Google Hopewell Rocks to get an idea.

Are you stopping in Nova Scotia? The leaves will probably be good in Nova Scotia around Thanksgiving. If you are stopping in Sydney then you will want to take the Cabot Trail to see the leaves.

In Halifax you will see some leaves, but not much on the way to Peggys since as you say it is bleak. Little grows on the rocks.

If you want a private excursion in Sydney, check out Tartan Tours and see what they can do for you. When we are there in late Oct. they are taking us on a very scenic route.

I can send you pictures of the Fundy Trail and St. Martins if you would like, if you give me your e-mail.

There will be lots open. Companies love to get business from Cruise Ships. Do a search on this site (top of page above the 'Compare Prices' ad) Put in terms such as Halifax - private tour, etc. also do a similar search on tripadvisor.com where I know questions come up frequently on how to do tours from cruise ships.

I have no experience with private tours in Halifax or Sydney, but I do live in Nova Scotia, so ask some questions and I'll see what I can do.

Archived