Swimming with the Dolphins - Western Caribbean

Marty11

Has anyone done the interactive dolphin excursion while on Freedom's Western Caribbean trip? My daughter is looking to do this, and since it's a fair bit of money would love to hear about any experiences and pros and cons.

The Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel (www.dolphindiscovery.com) is much better than the one offered in Ocho Rio. Instead of booking through the cruiseline - book direct it's ALOT cheaper. Off the pier take a cab to Chankanaab Park - Dolphin Discovery is there after swimming with the dolphins (which is awesome I might add) there's a whole gorgeous resort park to sun, swim, snorkle and explore.

Enjoy!

The Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel (www.dolphindiscovery.com) is much better than the one offered in Ocho Rio. Instead of booking through the cruiseline - book direct it's ALOT cheaper. Off the pier take a cab to Chankanaab Park - Dolphin Discovery is there after swimming with the dolphins (which is awesome I might add) there's a whole gorgeous resort park to sun, swim, snorkle and explore.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the link.

Has anyone done the interactive dolphin excursion while on Freedom's Western Caribbean trip? My daughter is looking to do this, and since it's a fair bit of money would love to hear about any experiences and pros and cons.

My niece and I were on Freedom in June and I booked the Dolphin Cove excursion in Grand Cayman. It was definitely the highlight of our trip. Here is a brief summary from the booklet: I would highly recommend it.

"The highlight of a visit to Dolphin Cove will be the rare opportunity to swim and play with a beautiful bottlenose dolphin. The dolphin swim experience begins with a brief orientation and then guests enter the water. Be introduced to these friendly dolphins for an experience of a “lifetime”. Feel the thrill of “riding” the dolphin belly to belly and enjoy a kiss or two. Discover how Dolphin Cove’s trainers use hand signals and positive reinforcement to communicate with the dolphins."

We did the Royal Swim with dolphins at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. We booked direct with http://www.dolphindiscovery.com It was an expensive day, but so worth it, this was definitely the highlight of our cruise. If the ship doesn't come into port for weather reasons they will refund your money.

We paid $149 plus a $15 cab to the park.

Thanks for the advice. We will check into the different options you have all suggested and make a decision. She wanted to be sure that it was actually "swimming" with them and not just the reaching out etc.

Archived