Walkie Talkies on the Dawn

Farmerconnie

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good brand of Walkie Talkies that work well on a cruise ship? We will be on the Dawn August 30th. Thanks for any help.

Walkie talkies on a cruise ship.....regardless of brand....is a Crap shoot. I purchased a pair of Motorola FV 700's on ebay for 36 bucks just to try them. Worked great from deck 7 to deck 11 on the Dawn but the vertical proximity was from the mid ship elevator to mid ship minisuite. Never really needed them again but should you opt to try them......just make sure they are UHF as opposed to vhf. UHF is basically a microwave frequency and exhibits a better capability to bounce off structures as room sizes act as a cavity resonator. .....O.K. WAY to much info....it's still a crap shoot but probably will work fine in ports. Just sayin........

Thanks we will also be on the Dawn 8/30 and have bought a pair or them to take with us as well. Only bought them so DH doesn't go though cell phone withdrawal (LOL) . I will let everyone know if they work when I get back.

Archived