MTD On Freedom

Has anyone tried MTD on the Freedom and if so how does it work? I have read all the posts I can find and I'm more confused on the subject than ever. We have never liked the early or late seatings and are anxious to try MTD. I read where someone kept their assigned time but switched once on board. However, now I'm reading that if you don't decide prior to sailing, you may not have the option. Should we keep our 8:30 seating and HOPE we can switch? There are five of us including my 86 year old mother who's in a wheelchair so we wouldn't be happy with much of a wait. Do you contact the maitre d' on a daily basis to request MTD? :confused:

I loved MTD on Freedom. We scheduled it before the cruise and just went when we were ready. We always got a table for 2 every night and we never made reservations. I have heard some say that they have changed over to MTD as soon as they got to the ship, but I have never tried that. My TA usually pays our gratuities, so I don't mind them being charged ahead.

You may go to dinner any time during the hours of operations. You don't have to make a reservation, if you don't want to. If you know when you'll be hungry the next day, you can make a reservation. You may sit alone, or with others. Your choice.

That's why its "My Time" dining!

We tried MTD on Freedom for the first time this last May and loved it! We had late seating and did not change until we boarded. When we got on the ship we headed straight for the dining room and changed and there was no problem. We usually ate around 8:00 p.m. and there was no wait and our waiters were efficient, but not personable. It was fine with us, but it seemed like there was something missing.

I will do it again definitely.

We tried MTD on Freedom this past April, especially since our waiter from 2 years prior was in that section and we wanted to have him again. It works very well - we showed up at different times every night - anywhere from 6:30 to 7:30 and were seated promptly. I like to eat early, but don't like to be tied to 6:00 pm, especially when we're in port.

We've already chosen MTD for our Adventure cruise next year - with only 1 sea day, we definitely don't want to be tied to early seating.

As soon as you board, go to Deck 5 to sign up.

Robin

Has anyone tried MTD on the Freedom and if so how does it work? I have read all the posts I can find and I'm more confused on the subject than ever. We have never liked the early or late seatings and are anxious to try MTD. I read where someone kept their assigned time but switched once on board. However, now I'm reading that if you don't decide prior to sailing, you may not have the option. Should we keep our 8:30 seating and HOPE we can switch? There are five of us including my 86 year old mother who's in a wheelchair so we wouldn't be happy with much of a wait. Do you contact the maitre d' on a daily basis to request MTD? :confused:

I cruised on FOS in May when it was in pre-roll out. We could only choose early or late when we made our reservation but changed by going to the dining rm& signing up as soon as we got on board. This is what I think you may be confused by. You should be able to sign up for MTD after you board as long as there is space, but you risk that, since it's an option for everyone to choose when making thier reservations.

My DH and I loved it because of the flexibility and although they were full in tables for 2, we said we would sit with anyone else - of any size group, we ended up at a table for 2 every night. The longest wait was maybe 3 minutes. However if you choose early or late seating you won't have to wait at all.

Your choice- enjoy the FOS- it's a great ship!

We did MTD on Freedom in June and it was great. We did, however, sign up prior to going on the cruise. I noticed many people trying to sign up on the first day and they were being put on wait lists. I know of one couple that was on a wait list and they never were able to get MTD all week. Its becoming more popular and I think if you wait til you board you may not get it.

We just walked up every night at whatever time we wanted (with no reservations) and were seated immediately and got a table by the window at least 3 nights.:)

We did MTD on Freedom in June and it was great. We did, however, sign up prior to going on the cruise. I noticed many people trying to sign up on the first day and they were being put on wait lists. I know of one couple that was on a wait list and they never were able to get MTD all week. Its becoming more popular and I think if you wait til you board you may not get it.

We just walked up every night at whatever time we wanted (with no reservations) and were seated immediately and got a table by the window at least 3 nights.:)

Thanks for all the responses. It sounds like we should go ahead and sign up for it prior to boarding. We have an 8:30p seating assignment and that's always available should anyone in our party like it we could switch back. We take the late assigned seating because it's better than the early for us but still it's TOO late in our opinion. Being able to walk in and be seated sounds great. I was under the impression you had to call and make reservations daily so thanks for clearing that up!:)

Archived