carry on suitecase size

tcgallup

We are trying to take a medium sized bag with us as a carryon onto the ship with all the formula and diapers and all for the cruise for our daughter. Is there a size restriction on what we can take on Carnival as a carry on, i know we will have to lug it around until we get to our room, but my wife is so nervous about them losing our luggage and not having her food and all for the week. We are not flying so I don't have to worry about that.

Thanks in advance

Tom

The only size restriction you will have will be the metal detectors that you go thru at security. They are very close (if not the same) in size to those at the airport security areas. If your bag can fit thru the opening in the detector, you're good to go, Carnival doesn't care how big a bag you carry on.

From the Carnival website, under Embarkation Information:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Baggage_Information__Embarkation_Debarkation.aspx

Your carry on luggage must fit through the same x-ray scanner that is used at any airport. They specify 16x22. That said, I have seen crew drag on medium sized cases and they fit through the scanner. However, if you try to take in a case obviously larger than 16x22, personnel at the entrance to some cruise terminals will eyballit and tell you that it must be checked. EM

Archived