Turkish Bath in Kusadasi - recommendations sought

Hello - I am on the Celebrity Solstice and will be in Kusadasi on Nov. 15.

I would like to get a Turkish bath, but have no idea how to go about getting one reserved (do you even reserve a time?) and selecting one that is highly regarded and has a good reputation for tourists.

Any ideas?

If you use the "search" tool on the upper right of this forum and put in "Kusadasi hammam" or "Kusadasi Turkish bath", you will find many threads about this experience.

Frequent poster Merced Mike visited one in Kusadasi about a year ago and enjoyed his experience very much.

If you use the "search" tool on the upper right of this forum and put in "Kusadasi hammam" or "Kusadasi Turkish bath", you will find many threads about this experience.

Frequent poster Merced Mike visited one in Kusadasi about a year ago and enjoyed his experience very much.

Pam - Was he the one who wrote the hilarious account of his experience or am I thinking of someone else?

Edit: No--it was someone else: http://www.arseaboutfez.com/2008/05/hamam-home-sweat-home.html

Pam - Was he the one who wrote the hilarious account of his experience or am I thinking of someone else?

Edit: No--it was someone else: http://www.arseaboutfez.com/2008/05/hamam-home-sweat-home.html

You're right, not him, but I remember that really lengthy funny account.

Also, thanks for the fun link; the pictures themselves are priceless.:) I certainly had not read this one previously.

I do remember that MercedMike's hammam in Kusadasik was co-ed, so something to think about when visiting there!

CintiPam, thanks for pointing the direction. I did some searches and found information on baths in Kusadasi. And I did read BillFredo's hilarious account and now I am scared.:eek: Not scared enough to be deterred however.:D I also liked his account of the barbershop and might try that if there is enough time. Not much can replace a skilled barber with a straight razor and warm foam. Not sure about burning off the ear hair, though.

Looking forward to it all.

Mike

Hi, Mike, hope you enjoy it! I could not get the spouse to go to one of the famous Istanbul hammams last September during our four-day pre-cruise stay, but our hotel had one, so I enjoyed a most decadent 90 minutes there with first the Turkish bath and then a massage.

Believe me, those plaid cover clothes indeed are not very large.!:)

CintiPam, thanks for pointing the direction. I did some searches and found information on baths in Kusadasi. And I did read BillFredo's hilarious account and now I am scared.:eek: Not scared enough to be deterred however.:D I also liked his account of the barbershop and might try that if there is enough time. Not much can replace a skilled barber with a straight razor and warm foam. Not sure about burning off the ear hair, though.

Looking forward to it all.

Mike

Mike - I hope you will post your own account when you get back!

Sorry I am a bit late replying ... just got back from a wonderful cruise tour to Alaska!

The Haman our guide took us to was the Ada Saray Hamami, a bit out of town. It is co-ed for tourists. There was another passenger from our cruise there and he said he just got a taxi in town. It was not crowded and we did not need reservations. AIRC it cost something like 25 Euros.

Check out our review and pics at http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/holyland.html

Have a GREAT cruise!

Archived