Best tour co. for zipline in Puerto Limon?

jetstorm

Here is a link to a map.

http://www.visitcostarica.com/ict/paginas/mapas/Mapa_TCR_CostaRica_600.pdf

Zoom in to 100% and look at the Limon area. We headed south from the pier along the coast, then inland to the area near Bomba. Cedar Valley was nearby I think. Then looped north through Moin and east to Playa Bonita and back to Limon.

• 3 weeks later...

So I e-mailed adventure caribbean. I gather from reading this thread that you guys were satisfied? We are looking for a combo zipline / beach day. He quoted us a price of $65.00. Did you find the zipline to your liking? We are torn between Cedar Valley and Jungle Breezes. I want to make sure it's an exhilarating experience. :D How high up is it and can you control your speed? What did you see while ziplining through the forest? Thanks for your help guys. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

We just got back from an 8-day Thanksgiving Cruise on the Carnival Freedom. We went to Cozumel, Costa Rica, and Panama. It was wonderful.

I wanted to let everyone know what a great time we had with our tour guide, Danilo Hall. I had done a lot of research on Cruise Critic before we left. Danilo Hall was recommended on this board by Snorkel2much. I had a group of 19 friends and family traveling with me and I was in charge of setting up the excursions. Carnival was expensive, so I knew I wanted to go with an independent tour operator, but I wanted to make sure we were all safe and got back to the ship in time.

Most of my group wanted to go ziplining, so I contacted Danilo and this is the email he sent back to me.

Caribbean Adventure <adventure_caribbean@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Kim, thanks for contacting me, I will be happy to have you and the rest of your friends as my guest for that day, the cost of the zip line tour is $ 65 per person, this price includes transportation both way, admission fee, water, soft drinks and fruits for the road. After the zip line if you want to make a stop at one of our bananas plantation, no problem here we will stop about 40 minutes where I will explain the growth and packing process of the fruit.

The zip line area is about 30 minutes one way drive from our port we will first do the zip line and then the banana tour this place is on the same route, from here I will take you to one of our local beach ( ten minutes from down town) at this beach restaurants are available , if at the end of the tour you wants to buy coffee you can do it on the pier here they are lots of vendors that offer better prices,

To book with me is simply I just need a confirmation from you ,meeting time and place will be on the pier 25 to 40 minutes after the ship clears I will be holding a sign with your name, the form of payment is cash and you don't need a down payment you pay when you get here.

I hope that this information will be helpful to you.

Thanks once more

Danilo Hall, blessings

adventure_caribbean@yahoo.com - There is an underscore between adventure and caribbean.

Our group chose not to do the tour of the banana plantation because the ziplining took more time that we thought it would. We did go to the beach after ziplining and Danilo surprised us by barbecuing lunch for us right on the beach.

Danilo was very kind and gave us a lot of information about his country. He had his driver stop along the side of the road so we could see sloths and howler monkeys.

I would highly recommend Danilo as a tour guide in Costa Rica. I know he does different types of tours and will tailor it to what your group wants to do. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Kim :)

PS - There were a few in my group that didn't want to zipline. Danilo only

charged $25.00 for each of them. They hung out at the bottom of the zipline place and took pictures of the rest of us as we came in on the last zipline.

We used Charlie Soto last month in Puntarenas, Costa Rica and a few years ago in Puerto Limon to go to the zipline in Jungle Breeze plus the Tortuguero canal boat ride and a banana plantation tour and Bonita beach for lunch. We had a great time, there were 24 of us on 2 buses (12 each) and the zipline was the highlight of the tour. The price of the tour was great (don't know what it is now) although I am sure it is good now also. If you would like to see some pictures from our zipline group look below (we named ourselves the Panamaniacs) http://www.nanada.com/panamaniacs/cruisepix.htm . Both tours with OkeyDokey Tours (Charlie Soto) were excellent and I would recommended him. Have fun in Costa Rica and Merry Christmas.

We used Charlie Soto last month in Puntarenas, Costa Rica and a few years ago in Puerto Limon to go to the zipline in Jungle Breeze plus the Tortuguero canal boat ride and a banana plantation tour and Bonita beach for lunch. We had a great time, there were 24 of us on 2 buses (12 each) and the zipline was the highlight of the tour. The price of the tour was great (don't know what it is now) although I am sure it is good now also. If you would like to see some pictures from our zipline group look below (we named ourselves the Panamaniacs) http://www.nanada.com/panamaniacs/cruisepix.htm . Both tours with OkeyDokey Tours (Charlie Soto) were excellent and I would recommended him. Have fun in Costa Rica and Merry Christmas.

Thanks so much for the information! I'm going to email him now!

Archived