Tipping the cabin steward?

windsmith

I tipped my steward extra on this last cruise. First time ever. I asked him on day one to keep my cooler full of my smuggled beer and iced down. On last night I gave him extra $20 for the extra service. Had 6 beers left over and asked if he wanted them. He did, so I obliged. :)

I figured that was more than fair for a M-F cruise.

Did you bring the cooler with you or where did that come from?

Having been in the service industry for many years, I probably overtip compared to most people but I am so appreciative of the great service we get. It's not easy to always have a smile on your face and a great attitude when you work that many hours. Only had one room steward we didn't tip extra-he must have been having a bad week!

I also read somewhere that they really appreciate international phone cards...so if you buy a card or 2 in one or more of the ports, keep that in mind!! Even if you buy one to call home and don't use the whole thing, it would probably mean the world to them as I'm sure with many of them that have family back home they prolly use quite a few!!!

I also read somewhere that they really appreciate international phone cards...so if you buy a card or 2 in one or more of the ports, keep that in mind!! Even if you buy one to call home and don't use the whole thing, it would probably mean the world to them as I'm sure with many of them that have family back home they prolly use quite a few!!!

That was the first hint I read years ago on CCer. I bought telephone cards than felt stupid so I ended up tipping cash. I've since learned and totally agree CASH IS KING

Archived