Do you know how to find out if a Large group will be on your cruise?

kimcruiser

I found this on another thread and I think it is so informative. I have tried searching this forum to see if it was already talked about here but I couldnt find it so if I missed it I am sorry.

This is a website that will tell you if a large group will also be on your sailing. For example, on the Splendor in October there will be a scrapbooking group or on Liberty you missed the "nude" group back in the spring. I just thought it was a pretty neat site and wanted to share.

http://www.yourgroupsahoy.com/ :eek:

I don't know, but back in November (2008) after we departed on the Miracle, we found out that there was a group of 600 bingo players on board. Good thing for us, because finding a lounge chair on deck had never, ever been easier! Guess they schedule those bingo games at the right time.....for me anyway.

I found this on another thread and I think it is so informative. I have tried searching this forum to see if it was already talked about here but I couldnt find it so if I missed it I am sorry.

This is a website that will tell you if a large group will also be on your sailing. For example, on the Splendor in October there will be a scrapbooking group or on Liberty you missed the "nude" group back in the spring. I just thought it was a pretty neat site and wanted to share.

that kicks butt!! I tried doing google searches and such...but all I got was garbage.....thanx

hmmm?? dont know why, but that cruise on the celebrity constelation 03/10 looks interesting..lol!!!!!

Awesome!!

Thanks for the post!!:D

It's BACK!!!

WOO HOO....

they used to have a site like this YEARS ago and about 4 years ago it closed down.

SOOOO glad to see them back...

THANKS!!! You get the "woo hoo" of the day award!!!!

cool site, thanks.

Just an FYI, it looks like organizers have to specifically register their cruise with the site. I know there are several large groups that are not represented in these lists. But it's a start!

Why do you really care if there is a large group on your cruise. Two of our three cruises have had large groups on them. One was a group from Clear Channel Radio and the other was the Saint'n'Sinners. I didn't make any difference to us in anyway. They do their own things and you don't really notice any difference at all.

Why do you really care if there is a large group on your cruise. Two of our three cruises have had large groups on them. One was a group from Clear Channel Radio and the other was the Saint'n'Sinners. I didn't make any difference to us in anyway. They do their own things and you don't really notice any difference at all.

It can make a big difference in several ways:

If the large groups eat at the early time and take up all the Early dining slots...you are stuck eating late.

Of (as in our case) if you have a child with Autism for whom a "theme cruise" like Clowns would be impossible... you get my point!

Hi...here is another site that has some good resources

the groupsahoy is ok, but only is showing those groups who choose to put their info there I think

http://ourpassportstamps.com/Isthereagrouponboard_.html

I have been with single's groups and I enjoyed that, I don't think we had enough people to impact the cruise

I have seen (bad) reviews of cruises where a very LARGE group can take over many of the spots on board or have their own entertainment in some spots that leaves the regular cruisers pretty disappointed

1. Name - Nik'L Beer Band
  2. From - Lafayette, LA
  3. When - January 10, 2010
  4. On - Carnival Conquest out of Galveston
  5. Number - last count over 600 people signed up

1. Name - Sail -away - with CJ & Debbie Ray (99.9 KTDY FM)
  2. From - Lafayette, LA
  3. Super Bowl Weekend
  4. On - Triumph out of New Orleans
  5. Number - they are shooting for 1,000 and are close to it.

I am thinking the site has not been back up very long....so folks need to give it time to collect the data.

For example, the Blogger's Cruise on the Dream was not listed...until I added it today.

Give it some time for theme cruises to "link in" and then check...

Hi...here is another site that has some good resources

the groupsahoy is ok, but only is showing those groups who choose to put their info there I think

http://ourpassportstamps.com/Isthereagrouponboard_.html

I have been with single's groups and I enjoyed that, I don't think we had enough people to impact the cruise

I have seen (bad) reviews of cruises where a very LARGE group can take over many of the spots on board or have their own entertainment in some spots that leaves the regular cruisers pretty disappointed

This is where2next the owner of ourpassportstamps.com

We're very happy to hear our information was helpful to you...

It's pretty extensive, but if anyone knows of other groups that will clearly impact your enjoyment of a cruise...feel free to send me an email through our site or you can post it over here ....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=743701

which is where I let CruiseCritic members know when we have done updates..

and just a fyi for you and the Carnival board hosts this is a personal website, not commercial. There is no advertising and you are not personally tracked...

A pure labor of love of cruising, traveling and sharing what we we've learned along the way! :)

Bon Voyage Everyone

K.

Archived