cabins

dolly day dreams

hi we have been on the island escape once before we were in the inside cabins nothing bad to worry about clean a little bit dated in style so what food is great entianment brill went last september going again this october hope this helps teal

• 1 month later...

Hello To both of you,

We were on her last year and it was my wife's 1st cruise and we loved it.

We enjoyed it so much that we're back on her in 9 weeks with our 2 sons on the Canary Islands cruise.

The cabins are not huge but you're not in them much, had everything you need and the bed was comfortable. We had a balcony cabin, but inside the cabin was no different to the others we saw.

The food was great, entertainment more like Pontins or Butlins than west end, but we enjoyed ourselves.

We were on a more modern Royal Caribbean ship in June and as far as the ship was concened we preferred the more friendly relaxed atmosphere on the I.E.

There is a thread in here from Gillo asking for pics of balcony cabins. In there I've posted a link to pics of our cabin that I uploaded.

Berwyn

We're looking at a November trip, can anyone tell us what the layout of the beds is like, singles, double, "L" shape(like on Spirit) or what? The deck plans on the website are tiny and I can't find a legend! We'll probably go for an inside cabin.

Cheers

We're looking at a November trip, can anyone tell us what the layout of the beds is like, singles, double, "L" shape(like on Spirit) or what? The deck plans on the website are tiny and I can't find a legend! We'll probably go for an inside cabin.

Cheers

Hi,

We were asked by trhe steward if we wanted double beds. She put them together whille we went round the the ship.

Berwyn

Hi,

We were asked by trhe steward if we wanted double beds. She put them together whille we went round the the ship.

Berwyn

Hi Brewyn

Wish I had read this before I booked the cabin. On deck 8 and only prebooked because we wanted a double bed. Thought you had to do this to guarantee the beds would be converted to double.:(

Mary

Hi Brewyn

Wish I had read this before I booked the cabin. On deck 8 and only prebooked because we wanted a double bed. Thought you had to do this to guarantee the beds would be converted to double.:(

Mary

Hi Mary,

When we got to the cabin the beds were laid out as twin bed either side of the cabin. She swung them round in the oppsite direction so they went across the cabin together.

At least it didn't do what our "Double" bed in a hotel in Belgium did. That was 2 singles stuck together and when I rolled into the middle they parted like the Red Sea and I ended up vanishing down the gap in between.

I have uploaded pics of the cabin. I'll find the link and post it here. We had a balcony but inside it was the same as all the other standard cabins we saw.

Berwyn

The thing I'm wary of is that some cabins have beds in an "L" configuration or even bunks. So they can't always be reconfigured into a double. I wasn't sure if this is the case on this ship hence my earlier question. I've subsequently found that there are indeed some rooms like this.(as there were on Spirit) It's not the end of the world but worth looking at if you definitely want a double. All of our previous cruises(except Spirit) have had the option to convert the twins into a double.

Cheers

Hi Pujro,

Yes the L shaped ones are inside on Deck 4 Bronze Deck and a couple on the iside of Deck 9 Golden

We specifically asked for a double when booking.

At least she's not like Destiny which we're on next year that has loads of L shaped ones.

Berwyn

Hi Mary,

When we got to the cabin the beds were laid out as twin bed either side of the cabin. She swung them round in the oppsite direction so they went across the cabin together.

At least it didn't do what our "Double" bed in a hotel in Belgium did. That was 2 singles stuck together and when I rolled into the middle they parted like the Red Sea and I ended up vanishing down the gap in between.

I have uploaded pics of the cabin. I'll find the link and post it here. We had a balcony but inside it was the same as all the other standard cabins we saw.

Berwyn

Thanks for pics Berwyn. We are in premier cabin so suppose it will be same inside just a little bit bigger. Didn't realise though when I booked it that we had a promenade outside. That will teach me to look closer in future.

From your other postings I understand you enjoyed it on the Escape. This is our first time so don't know what to expect. Been on the Spirit and Celebration and absolutely loved it. Seen a few dodgy reviews but not putting me off. Can't wait and I am sure we will enjoy it.:)

Mary

Thanks for pics Berwyn. We are in premier cabin so suppose it will be same inside just a little bit bigger. Didn't realise though when I booked it that we had a promenade outside. That will teach me to look closer in future.

From your other postings I understand you enjoyed it on the Escape. This is our first time so don't know what to expect. Been on the Spirit and Celebration and absolutely loved it. Seen a few dodgy reviews but not putting me off. Can't wait and I am sure we will enjoy it.:)

Mary

Hi again Mary,

I've put another post on the deck 8 cabins on the other thread.

W've not done Thomson's yet (are on Destiny SEpt next year)

We enjoyed her, the food was good, cabins clean and beds comfortable.

The entertainment was a bit more like Butlins than West End but we had a good time in the evenings.

The Lookout bar right up the top was great for views and a quiet drink in the late afternoon/ early evening. We spent lots of time there when at sea.

And unless you want to no need to pack any Formal wear, more room for proper holiday clothes.

Berwyn

Archived