My cruise has gone cheaper??

cruiser1177

Hi there,

I hope you can help. I'm sure i read on here somewhere previously about cruises prices becoming cheaper after you've purchased your cruise and perhaps the TA or Princess compensate you in some way.

Ok so i was wondering if someone can tell me if this is true and in what way the customer is compensated.

I've just dicovered that our TA are now selling our cruise hundreds of pounds cheaper with a better cabin type. I'd called them and they said that there is nothing that they can do but wanted to know if anyone has had this kind of experience and what they did ?

Thanks

c1177

hi, notice you are from the UK - as am I. No, different rules here I'm afraid - Princess will not price adjust on a reduction to UK cruisers, - (US passengers get the price reductions) and for sometime because of this I have not booked with them. It's a different situation with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity who will give you price-drops. I wish there was something we could do, but it seems not!

Hi there,

I hope you can help. I'm sure i read on here somewhere previously about cruises prices becoming cheaper after you've purchased your cruise and perhaps the TA or Princess compensate you in some way.

Ok so i was wondering if someone can tell me if this is true and in what way the customer is compensated.

I've just dicovered that our TA are now selling our cruise hundreds of pounds cheaper with a better cabin type. I'd called them and they said that there is nothing that they can do but wanted to know if anyone has had this kind of experience and what they did ?

Thanks

c1177

A few questions for you,

1, Have you paid the final payment yet on the cruise?

2, Was it booked through a High Street TA or an online TA?

3, Is it a Princess cruise?

Depending on your answers there could be reasons why you have been given the "Cold Shoulder" by the TA.

hi, notice you are from the UK - as am I. No, different rules here I'm afraid - Princess will not price adjust on a reduction to UK cruisers, - (US passengers get the price reductions) and for sometime because of this I have not booked with them. It's a different situation with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity who will give you price-drops. I wish there was something we could do, but it seems not!

I got a price reduction only yesterday on a upcoming Princess Cruise that I purchased through a UK TA:)

Hi there 6months..... :)

answers to your questions:

1. Yes i've paid the final payment

2. It was through an online TA Iglu

3. Yes it's a princess cruise and will be our first cruise ever

Looking forward to your reply :)

diat68

Also thank you for your reply, that's quite unfair if US get the price drops and UK don't how do they work that one out?

I'll remember this in future. Thanks

Seb...

I just basically wondered since i was sure i'd read about this a while back on CC and if other people get the money back then why shouldn't I? or not even that, even some sort of upgrade or something so you don't feel so rubbish that you paid more but got a worse deal.

I got a price reduction only yesterday on a upcoming Princess Cruise that I purchased through a UK TA:)

Well you must be the exception that proves the rule;)

I know we have tried several times to get price reductions, to absolutely no avail. Our only option would have been to cancel, lose the deposit and rebook at a cheaper rate - ridiculous situation.

Hi again,

Do you mind me asking what cruise you got your price reduction for and which TA?

Also had you paid your final payment?

Thanks

cc1177 :)

Unfortunately the answer to question 1 is the reason why you were refused because Princess will NOT adjust prices AFTER final payment.

I am sorry but I am sure you will love your first cruise, especially as it is with Princess, not sure what ship though!!!

Unfortunately the answer to question 1 is the reason why you were refused because Princess will NOT adjust prices AFTER final payment.

I am sorry but I am sure you will love your first cruise, especially as it is with Princess, not sure what ship though!!!

Cool, thanks, justed thought i'd check anyway. Lucky US lot :)

Cool, thanks, justed thought i'd check anyway. Lucky US lot :)

P.s going on Sea Princess, which I hear is in dry dock in September whatever that means, sorry i'm a cruise virgin lol still getting used to all the cruise talk :)

Has anyone been on this ship?

In every other case I have read about on CC, Princess will not adjust prices for UK passengers, either before or after final payment. I know because I have tried. The most I have got is a two category balcony upgrade which came to about £25 each and that was only grudgingly given after numerous telephone and email complaints - the price of my balcony plummeted the day after I had booked it.

If you have managed to get a price reduction, then you are very lucky indeed.

This is the one major area where Princess fails its UK passengers and I would imagine a lot desert them and go to cruise lines that will give price reductions - I know I have been tempted to do just that - its just that I like the Princess experience and it is hard to beat.

In every other case I have read about on CC, Princess will not adjust prices for UK passengers, either before or after final payment. I know because I have tried. The most I have got is a two category balcony upgrade which came to about £25 each and that was only grudgingly given after numerous telephone and email complaints - the price of my balcony plummeted the day after I had booked it.

If you have managed to get a price reduction, then you are very lucky indeed.

This is the one major area where Princess fails its UK passengers and I would imagine a lot desert them and go to cruise lines that will give price reductions - I know I have been tempted to do just that - its just that I like the Princess experience and it is hard to beat.

Better make the most of it then as I suppose I must be one of the very lucky ones. Actually got a 2 grade(from BC to BA) upgrade and a refund:).

Although actually the other Princess cruise I have booked is through a US TA as the price was much cheaper!!!

P.s going on Sea Princess, which I hear is in dry dock in September whatever that means, sorry i'm a cruise virgin lol still getting used to all the cruise talk :)

Sorry, haven't been on Sea Princess since 1999 so can't really comment.

Yes - we did Sea Princess last year transatlantic from Barbados to Southampton. She is a lovely ship; smaller and older than a lot of the Princess ships but we thought she was just the right size. The sit-down pizza restaurant is a lovely bonus as well - we had quite a few meals there.

We are actually going on her sister ship, Dawn Princess, next Wednesday on a leg of her world cruise from Southampton to Dubai - 26 days, they will have to roll us down the gangplank in Dubai:D She has just had her dry dock when they replaced all the soft furnishings, carpets etc and fitted Movies under the Stars (not that I am a fan of that in any event). Cannot wait to get on board.

Any questions about Sea Princess, ask away - but I am sure you will love it.

Even if we haven't made final payment, we do not get the advantage of price reductions here in the UK. We possibly might get an upgrade, but I think we're at the bottom of the heap with that as well.

If we book through a US TA we can get the advantages, but sometimes that's not possible. I still, like the previous poster, like the Princess experience so stick with them, but if I can book through the US I will, even if it is more complicated for us having to arrange our own flights and transfers.

It's not just Princess. We had the same problem with a cruise that we booked last year with Fred Olsen. We had booked over a year in advance as they claimed that you saved 45% on the full fare. Early this year you could book through their own web site at a much cheaper price. They no longer claim a 45% saving as they were censured by the OFT as they had no proof that anyone actually paid the "full fare", i.e. it was a misleading claim. In the end we cancelled and booked with Princess and still saved money but didn't get a refund of our deposit. I have written to the local Trading Standards people to see if they can do anything to recover our deposit but if they can't I may try the small claims court. Unfortunately, although the cruise line are to blame, the contract is with the TA so they would be the ones going to court. Just in case, we have started using a different TA!

Do you mind me asking which TA, also i take it you hadn't made your final payment is that correct?

Sorry we are not allowed to mention TA's on the CC boards but I am sure if you shop around and ask the question about price reductions you will eventually find one. Good luck.

Sorry we are not allowed to mention TA's on the CC boards but I am sure if you shop around and ask the question about price reductions you will eventually find one. Good luck.

Ooops.... thanks for letting me know that, i didn't know..:rolleyes:

Archived