Travel ins - CSA versus HTH

Krissta

I have to get insurance that has the preexisting waver (I have a history of kidney stones). I already booked months ago, so it seems as though I have a choice between CSA Travel Protection Custom Luxe and HTH Worldwide Trip Protector Preferred. They are roughly the same price ($180 for the two of us for a $3,000 trip), but I wanted to have some opinions from people who have used these places before.

If you did have to make a claim, how easy was it and would you recommend them?

Oh, and are you supposed to include the cost of airfare in the cost of the trip? I rounded everything just to get a quote, but will I need exact numbers when I go to purchase it?

Thanks! :)

I have to get insurance that has the preexisting waver (I have a history of kidney stones). I already booked months ago, so it seems as though I have a choice between CSA Travel Protection Custom Luxe and HTH Worldwide Trip Protector Preferred. They are roughly the same price ($180 for the two of us for a $3,000 trip), but I wanted to have some opinions from people who have used these places before.

If you did have to make a claim, how easy was it and would you recommend them?

Oh, and are you supposed to include the cost of airfare in the cost of the trip? I rounded everything just to get a quote, but will I need exact numbers when I go to purchase it?

Thanks! :)

Both Policies look good on Paper. The CSA Policy is very explicit and easy to read, and the Policy has very good coverages, so I lean to CSA over HTH. Make sure you're purchasing the "FreeStyle" Policy; I believe the Web-Direct and the Custom do not include Waiver of Pre-Existing Conditions. Note that you HAVE to be "fit to Travel" the day you purchase the Policy.

Include the cost of Everything you want to insure, including CruiseFare, Airfare, non-cancellable/non-refundable Hotels, etc. You can probably round upward for the cost.

ken

Both Policies look good on Paper. The CSA Policy is very explicit and easy to read, and the Policy has very good coverages, so I lean to CSA over HTH. Make sure you're purchasing the "FreeStyle" Policy; I believe the Web-Direct and the Custom do not include Waiver of Pre-Existing Conditions. Note that you HAVE to be "fit to Travel" the day you purchase the Policy.

Include the cost of Everything you want to insure, including CruiseFare, Airfare, non-cancellable/non-refundable Hotels, etc. You can probably round upward for the cost.

ken

Thanks, Ken! I looked on CSA's Web site and they only have "Custom" which does not cover pre-existing conditions, and "Custom Luxe" which does. I think I'm leaning more toward CSA. It seems like the Web site is more user-friendly and they seem to be getting ok reviews. ;)

Thanks, Ken! I looked on CSA's Web site and they only have "Custom" which does not cover pre-existing conditions, and "Custom Luxe" which does. I think I'm leaning more toward CSA. It seems like the Web site is more user-friendly and they seem to be getting ok reviews. ;)

You can purchase CSA Freestyle thru a TA, or you can GOOGLE CSA FREESTYLE and (I believe) find some on-line sites that claim to sell it (if you do this, make sure its the Freestyle). I've used CSA, but never had to make a claim. ken

Archived