Shore Diving review from Dec.14th

Pleasan7

The first port we stopped at was Grand Cayman. We were shuttled in by boat. It was 82 above and below the water. We skipped the first two dive flags that we saw and went on to Don Foster’s Dive Shop. The shop is in a wonderful location. He has a pool, some picnic tables, and lounge chairs. We chose to shore dive and they had all the gear we needed. We saw a boat full of cruisers go out from his shop to dive. We easily assembled our gear next to the ladders and walked down into the water. We chose to swim out on the surface to the buoy indicating the start of the reef. It was a good twenty to thirty feet the little bit that we dove. There was an unusual current flowing to the south. The person we spoke to at the shop mentioned that it is usually a still place to dive. I did see a number of different species of fish. Very colorful. At one point I looked over to my husband and there was a barracuda just beyond him in the water. He turned when I pointed but did not see it. It stayed for just about a minute then swam off lost in the light. It was a beautiful day so I did take some pictures underwater. The ones of us swimming came out good but I don’t have enough experience to get clear fish shots.

Wonderful Place!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived