Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services?

Kan't Wait

We just got off Lirica. There is no self serve laundry but they did provide laundry and dry cleaning services. The last day or 2 they offered a special of 20 euros for 10 articles of clothes. All I remember from the regular price list was that they wanted 1.50 euro for a pair of underwear. It was a bit pricey for us so we rinsed some things in the sink instead. There was a clothes line in the bathroom but we had to bring our own clothes pins.

as sbhdmh says they provide laundry and dry cleaning services on all their ships but no self service. I've used it a few times and it is always done to a high standard. I've laos just had gowns irined and again no issues. You actually get 10 items per passenger done for free when you are a member of their loyalty programme - so it is worth joining

Thanks for the replys.

I do plenty of laundry at home and have never even thought about

doing laundry while on a cruise :D I just need to make sure things I can get a few things pressed out and possibly a few things washed mid-week.

• 1 month later...

Is there anyone here who can tell me if there are washers and dryers available for guests (self service) on the MSC Poesia? We are a family and we want to limit the amount of luggage to handle.

Some cruise ship have some washer and dryer and in the past, I find it very practical.

as sbhdmh says they provide laundry and dry cleaning services on all their ships but no self service. I've used it a few times and it is always done to a high standard. I've laos just had gowns irined and again no issues. You actually get 10 items per passenger done for free when you are a member of their loyalty programme - so it is worth joining

Hi AmoMondo,

Heard about MSC member can get free laundry, when they say 10 items for free, does it mean to fill up the paperbag (provided) per member? consider my husband & I so we each get 10 items for free? It sounds tedious but we will be away from home for 3 weeks for 4 of us...

Hi AmoMondo,

Heard about MSC member can get free laundry, when they say 10 items for free, does it mean to fill up the paperbag (provided) per member? consider my husband & I so we each get 10 items for free? It sounds tedious but we will be away from home for 3 weeks for 4 of us...

To be honest I don't know how they work it as I didn't need any laundry done on my last cruise as it was only 7 days. i do know it is 10 items perd member not per cabin, so you should get 20 items.

I'm definitely making a point of finding out when I get aboard next month, since I'll definitely be needing it this time with 20 days onboard.

Is there anyone here who can tell me if there are washers and dryers available for guests (self service) on the MSC Poesia? We are a family and we want to limit the amount of luggage to handle.

Some cruise ship have some washer and dryer and in the past, I find it very practical.

No, sorry no self service facilities on any of the ships in the MSC fleet. It is either their laundry service at extra cost or wash things by hand in the bathroom

We have been on 4 different cruiselines and never seen any washer & dryer available or we never pay any attention before. Just being curious, what cruiseline is it? This is good to know. We were on the Lirica and definitely there were no self-serve laundry...

We have been on 4 different cruiselines and never seen any washer & dryer available or we never pay any attention before. Just being curious, what cruiseline is it? This is good to know. We were on the Lirica and definitely there were no self-serve laundry...

We went three times on NCL (2 aboard NCL Dawn) and there were modern and efficient washers & dryers. It is very practical and we appreciated it a lot. For sure, we don't want to do laundry on vacations, but this kind of service is usefull when travelling with the family. I know, cruise lines shouldn't see any interest to provide this facility...

Archived