Roll Call: Odyssey Maiden Transatlantic Oct. 31st

Martita B.

OK Markham, you are now official.

B-2-B's Best and TheATrain--Fran & Dooley (Anthony)

Martita B--Martha & JB

dd@sea --Tom & Deanna

tayl--Denise (plus one)

Winner--

PeaSea8ch--Paul

shefinch--Shelagh & Larry

JDRMYS--(2 sailors)

jgn--Jean (plus one)

kupkab--Brenda & John

Prunella--Peter & Deirdre

Tony&Trevor--Tony & Trevor

fromtheplains--Steve & Denny

lonestar12--(2 sailors)

ColumbiaCruisers--Jane & Jim

chris.p--Chris & Jeannie

sovereigncruiser--

alpaca--(2 sailors)

sandymoz--Allan, Sandy, David & Barbara

homolog--Uwe & Chris

markham--

Waiting on my doorstep when I arrived home yesterday were my cruise documents. So now I can start to get excited!!! a084.gif

I am happy with the upgraded final document presentation over the previous faux velour “bowling ball” bag with that difficult to remove shipping label on the back. The luggage tags (not the embarkation luggage tags) were not so good and the 2-fold ticket wallet was too bulky that I always left it at home.

Major improvement for the luggage tags with improved attach ties (be sure to tie a good knot) and magnetic closure for security and easy reading (they are so nice that I am hesitant to put them on my luggage for fear that they will be sheared off by the baggage handling system so will use the old Seabourn luggage tags instead) and the slimmed down single fold ticket wallet sans circumferential belt with loop closure but with a simple and elegant magnetic tab closure. All very nice; however, with my aversion for bulk and weight in my carry on, I will, as I have done in the past, remove the wire-wound document insert from the ticket wallet and just take that with me.

I am so looking forward to this crossing with old and soon to be new friends as well! :) Next milestone is to have my bag packed and ready for pickup by DHL and the Seabourn Luggage Valet Fairy for delivery to my suite on the Odyssey. :D

Isn't the doc dance fun! Since we are embarking October 17 from Istanbul and will meet up with you and the others (in orange) on the 31st, packing is almost finished. When we first booked it was a grand voyage for 24 days but something with the new computer split us into two sailings with two different booking numbers. Now we have 8 luggage tags, two boxes and two wallets.

We leave next Monday October 5 for Frankfurt for two nights and then on to Turkey for a land trip prior to boarding. Wished we could do the DHL luggage fairy as packing needs to become very creative. "We are flying business Luthansa to Frankfurt, with no worries on baggage but then economy from there to Turkey. Turkish airlines: one 44 lb. bag and one 18 lb. carry on for our five week trip. I too discarded the 4 luggage tags and the wallet, and left the excursion book for the transatlantic behind.

Tom instead of taking his four or five books is taking only two and hoping that the ship will have a good selection of their own or others that leave their books behind - as we intend to do. Now on to tossing more things.

Looking forward to meeting all of you on 'Orange Day' at the sailaway. Martita refresh my memory where that location will be if you can before our October 5 departure. This is going to be great!

dd@sea,

>"... Frankfurt for two nights"

Where are you staying in Frankfurt. I am headed there after Lisbon to visit a college friend and see where I used to live.

Haven't made any plans yet, need a car and driver when I get there. Lusting for bratwurst aws.

Wripro, thank you for the advise. I will check on Monday. The other 'flash' I just received is perhaps I could ship from Frankfurt one piece of luggage to our Istanbul hotel. We are leaving Frankfurt on Octoboer 8 and will be in Istanbul October 15th. My husband's son lives in Weisbaden. Perhaps he could send it for us on October 7th. It certainly wouldn't hurt to check. I am off to do an email to him with my inquiry.

Jane, when are you going to be there? We are staying at the Sheraton Tower at Frankfurt airport. We will be visiting with my Husband's son and then one day I am taking the train into downtown Frankfurt for a little meandering. My last instense visit to Frankfurt was in 1960's, when in college and visiting my sister. I remember the damaged grand opera house being boarded up. We have been back to Germany numerous times since then but never returned to Frankfurt city - only the airport. I hope you are close by. Would love to meet you and have a cafe or something.

I will be going the weiner schnitzel with lots of lemon and Tom of course the Jaeger Schnitzel along with ein bier.

Deanna

Unfortunately, I won't get to Frankfurt til 11/14. I lived north of Frankfurt in the 60's; close to the East German border, outside of Kassel. I plan on staying at the Sheraton too. Most convenient. Last time I was in Frankfurt (on the way to Kenya) I took a bus to the train st ation and ate myself silly from one end t the other. Several of the Seabourn chefs have fixed weiner schnitze; and spaetzle for me. So, if you don't get your fill on land....

If you are still adding to the list of funseekers on the inaugural transatlantic cruise of the Odyssey, please include Jim and Stephanie and Frances and Jay, both from Florida. We will be wearing orange on Deck 8 at the appropriate time.

B-2-B's Best and TheATrain--Fran & Dooley (Anthony)

Martita B--Martha & JB

dd@sea --Tom & Deanna

tayl--Denise (plus one)

Winner--

PeaSea8ch--Paul

shefinch--Shelagh & Larry

JDRMYS--(2 sailors)

jgn--Jean (plus one)

kupkab--Brenda & John

Prunella--Peter & Deirdre

Tony&Trevor--Tony & Trevor

fromtheplains--Steve & Denny

lonestar12--(2 sailors)

ColumbiaCruisers--Jane & Jim

chris.p--Chris & Jeannie

sovereigncruiser--

alpaca--(2 sailors)

sandymoz--Allan, Sandy, David & Barbara

homolog--Uwe & Chris

markham--

limolib--Jim, Stephanie, Frances & Jay

Jim, Stephanie, Jay & Frances

If you are spending the night of Oct. 30th in Malaga, please come join the fun pre-crossing cocktail/tapas party at the Don Curro Hotel ~~around 6:30 pm (it will be a casual "Dutch treat" get together) We will be in the hotel lounge.

Hope to meet you at the pre-crossing party!:p Always nice to meet & greet fellow shipmates before boarding.

Martita B.

Jim, Stephanie, Jay & Frances

If you are spending the night of Oct. 30th in Malaga, please come join the fun pre-crossing cocktail/tapas party at the Don Curro Hotel ~~around 6:30 pm (it will be a casual "Dutch treat" get together) We will be in the hotel lounge.

Hope to meet you at the pre-crossing party!:p Always nice to meet & greet fellow shipmates before boarding.

Martita B.

Aha "Dutch treat" - thank you!

Couldn't you use another expression........? I hate it and it is SO not true!

Come to Holland and you will find out!

But OK ...... have fun!

Marja

Two more for the crossing....we are searching for orange and looking forward to meeting old and new friends.

Ray and Angela

Key Largo, FL

Hi Ray and Angela!

I somehow thought you would be on the Spirit crossing! Too bad, we will miss you too!

But I'm sure you will meet a lot of old and new friends!

Have a great crossing on the Odyssey!

Marja (and René)

Ray and Angela

Any clothing item in orange will be perfect ~~sweater, skirt, scarf, sunglasses, etc.

If you plan to overnight in Malaga on Oct. 30th, please join the Odyssey Crossing merrymakers at the Don Curro Hotel around 6:30 pm. in the lounge.

I have a nice surprise for our group ~~:confused: Nope, I'm not revealing what it is!

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Martita B.

Hi Ray and Angela!

I somehow thought you would be on the Spirit crossing! Too bad, we will miss you too!

But I'm sure you will meet a lot of old and new friends!

Have a great crossing on the Odyssey!

Marja (and René)

Hi Marja and Rene,

We were booked on the Spirit Crossing but something urgent arose and we had to cancell and so we booked on the Odyssey instead. We will miss you both and hope to see you soon on another cruise soon. At least you won't have to put up with Ray's cigars!

Angela & Ray

Ray and Angela

Any clothing item in orange will be perfect ~~sweater, skirt, scarf, sunglasses, etc.

If you plan to overnight in Malaga on Oct. 30th, please join the Odyssey Crossing merrymakers at the Don Curro Hotel around 6:30 pm. in the lounge.

I have a nice surprise for our group ~~:confused: Nope, I'm not revealing what it is!

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Martita B.

Hi Martita,

Sounds like a party! Is the Orange for the Don Curro or the Sail Away?

Angela & Ray

Hi Marja and Rene,

We were booked on the Spirit Crossing but something urgent arose and we had to cancell and so we booked on the Odyssey instead. We will miss you both and hope to see you soon on another cruise soon. At least you won't have to put up with Ray's cigars!

Angela & Ray

I understand. That something urgent must be in the future, so not to worry about too much I hope?

We would have put up with Ray's cigars with pleasure to have you on our crossing! But how wonderful for the Odyssey crossers, that they will have your company!

Marja

Ray & Angela

I'm looking forward to sailing with you again ~~we were together on the Pride last Oct. (08) Lisbon to Ft. Laud.

Do you remember the wine master, "Momo?" I wonder where he is. Quite a character ~~~

Will we see you at the Don Curro, Oct 30th cocktail party?

Martita B

Ray & Angela

I'm looking forward to sailing with you again ~~we were together on the Pride last Oct. (08) Lisbon to Ft. Laud.

Do you remember the wine master, "Momo?" I wonder where he is. Quite a character ~~~

Martita B

We're also looking forward to sailing with you again and yes, we will be at the Oct 3oth gathering at the Don Curro (I will be shopping for Orange stuff tomorrow). We are currently booked at the Room Mate Larios which is near the Cathedral and on the pedestrian mall. Do you know it?

Ray & Angela

I believe the Room Mate Larios Hotel is a few blocks from the Don Curro, on Sancha de Lara. When I visited the Don Curro last Oct. (sailing before our Crossing) I was impressed with the fellows at the Reservation Desk ~~one reason we decided to stay there ~~also have the Odyssey party in a centrally located place.

Have fun on your orange shoppin' trek!

MB

Ray & Angela

Martita B

Hi Martha!

We met "Momo" recently on the Pride last June! So he is still with Seabourn!

Have a fantastic crossing!

Marja

Archived