Roll Call: Odyssey Maiden Transatlantic Oct. 31st

Martita B.

B-2-B's Best and TheATrain--Fran & Dooley (Anthony)

Martita B--Martha & JB

dd@sea --Tom & Deanna

tayl--Denise (plus one)

Winner--

PeaSea8ch--Paul

shefinch--Shelagh & Larry

JDRMYS--(2 sailors)

jgn--Jean (plus one)

kupkab--Brenda & John

Prunella--Peter & Deirdre

Tony&Trevor--Tony & Trevor

fromtheplains--Steve & Denny

lonestar12--(2 sailors)

ColumbiaCruisers--Jane & Jim

chris.p--Chris & Jeannie

sovereigncruiser--

alpaca--(2 sailors)

sandymoz--Allan, Sandy, David & Barbara

homolog--Uwe & Chris

markham--

limolib--Jim, Stephanie, Frances & Jay

ARDD--Ray & Angela

Welcome aboard to--Jim, Stephanie, Frances, Jay, Ray and Angela.

A special note to Fran and Dooley (B-2-B's Best)--in running across my list from the final Transatlantic crossing of the QE2 the other day, I see that we were on that sailing together. It looks like this will be our second transatlantic together.

Steve

Our Crossing group is indeed growing ~~I don't have an exact count as to the number of Guests attending the Pre-Crossing party at the Don Curro but I'm guessing around 36-38.

For those that might have missed seeing a previous post ~~don't forget the "Hop On/Off" Malaga sightseeing bus. The tour is about 90 minutes ~~perfect for the morning of Oct. 31st.

Staff that I know will be aboard:

Captain Mark Dexter

Hotel Manager, Vitor Alves

Ex. Chef, Graeme Cockburn

CD, Barry Hopkins

Assn/Entertainer, David E. Greene

Dr. Herra & Nursey Elisabeth

Not sure as to the Dining Rm. Maitre'D

Anyone else have Officer's or Staff names?

See 'ya aboard!

Martita B.

Howdy Peach!

Thank you for adding Marla to the list. I had totally forgotten to write her name down.

JB and I will come on to the Don Curro after luncheon on the Spirit, Oct. 30th. I'm hoping the driver will be waiting at the gangway. The Malaga pier/dock is such a "mess" these days! Plus all the mega cruise vessels will be alongside the Spirit.

The two Texas Gals are bringing your orangeclothing items to you.

See 'ya in Old Town Malaga soon!:D Looking forward to our TA.

Miss Pinkie

Howdy Peach!

Thank you for adding Marla to the list. I had totally forgotten to write her name down.

JB and I will come on to the Don Curro after luncheon on the Spirit, Oct. 30th. I'm hoping the driver will be waiting at the gangway. The Malaga pier/dock is such a "mess" these days! Plus all the mega cruise vessels will be alongside the Spirit.

The two Texas Gals are bringing your orangeclothing items to you.

See 'ya in Old Town Malaga soon!:D Looking forward to our TA.

Miss Pinkie

Miss Pinkie, why don't you change your name into "miss Orange" for the time being? Only 3 weeks to go....!

Marja

Marja

As you know, the Miss Pinkie nickname started when I hosted the all ship Pride "Tickled Pink" party ~~can you believe it was March 2006? How time does fly~~~what a fine and fun Crossing we had.

You can be Miss Orange ~~perfect for you!:D

MB

JB and I will come on to the Don Curro after luncheon on the Spirit, Oct. 30th. I'm hoping the driver will be waiting at the gangway. The Malaga pier/dock is such a "mess" these days!

The way things worked last November, you may have to ride the shuttle bus from the gangway to the cruise ship terminal and then meet your driver there or outside the terminal. The Port Authority will probably open the gates to allow tour buses to / from their respective ships.

Marja

As you know, the Miss Pinkie nickname started when I hosted the all ship Pride "Tickled Pink" party ~~can you believe it was March 2006? How time does fly~~~what a fine and fun Crossing we had.

You can be Miss Orange ~~perfect for you!:D

MB

That is very kind of you Martha! I'm usually miss Orange when the Dutch play any kind of sports! Like today or even as we "speak" Holland is playing football (soccer) in and against Australia!

Otherwise I prefer my "black and white" image!

Have a nice weekend (I have to go and watch the match again now!)

Marja

s712156779_929553_6109.jpg.878624cd239beeb453106e62be20264b.jpg

Peachy

I think you are correct as to our meeting Marbelling car service.

Last Oct. when I was in Malaga I ask the Port Authority fellow for a ride to the Terminal. Miss A. and I did not want to walk ALL that way and he had his car right by the Pride gangway. He was very nice and gave us a lift ~~JB and I will have luggage so hopefully we won't have any "hic ups" in meeting our driver in the Terminal building.

My guest count now for the Don Curro party is: 42

Our friend G.G. is making everyone clever name tags!:D Sure sounds like a "fling ding" to me ~~~

See 'ya at the Don Curro

Miss Pinkie

I am extremely sorry to report that we will not be on this trip. We were suposed to make the eastbound crossing from New York on Friday aboard the QM2 and to take the westbound Seabourn Odyssey T/A to return to Ft. Lauderdale. On wednesday, my husband had a significant stroke. We will not be travelling much in the near future. For now, we are spending most of our time at New York Presbyterian Hospital.

I am extremely sorry to report that we will not be on this trip. We were suposed to make the eastbound crossing from New York on Friday aboard the QM2 and to take the westbound Seabourn Odyssey T/A to return to Ft. Lauderdale. On wednesday, my husband had a significant stroke. We will not be travelling much in the near future. For now, we are spending most of our time at New York Presbyterian Hospital.

So sorry..the main thing..get your husband back in good health..and the ships will be waiting to celebrate with you..best wishes..Lola

Our prayers and best wished for your husband's speedy recovery.

That is terrible news for you both! I hope things will brighten soon for you and you will be able to start planning a new trip. In the mean time I wish you a lot of strength.

Marja

Wishing Odyssey TA Sailor's safe and pleasant flights ~~

I believe we've decided to "meet & greet" at the Sky Bar,

Deck 8 for the Oct. 31st Malaga Sail-Away.

I'll see some of you at the Don Curro Hotel for the pre-crossing cocktail/tapas party ~~a'round 6:30 pm, Oct 30th.

'Bon Voyage to all:D

Martita B.

It will be interesting to see what activities are offered on the TA. I hope there will be cooking demos. I assume they have a spot for them, since they are very popular. Martita can be the sous chef for sure!

Jane

I think Chef Cockburn will treat us to a couple of demos during the Crossing ~~BUT my days of helping the Chef's do the demos are over ~~it was alot of fun when I taught the Pride Crossers how to make those "Texas Fire and Ice Pickles!" Chef Lambrechts had more fun than anybody ~~:eek:

Have lots of fun on your sailing ~~'Bon Voyage to you!:D

Martita B.

Martita,

As we will be travelling to Malaga and staying in the same hotel as two of our friends (who will be about to embark on their second Seabourn cruise) would it be all right if they came along to the Don Curia? They are CT and EL.

Looking forward to the 30th (and I won't forget the glass!!)

Shelagh

Shelagh

By all means please invite your friends to the Don Curro get together! We'd all love to meet them! I think they will enjoy being/meeting with us as well.:D

I have YOUR surprise packed~~:confused: Actually, you will adore it!

Especially fashioned for you ~~~a 1,000 "thank you's" for the glass.

See all of you at the Don Curro Hotel ~~Yippeee

Martita B

Five days before we were to leave home for our October trip my husband & partner had a major stroke. Unfortunately, despite the fact that New York Hospital is one of the best in the country, our accomodations there are no where near as luxurious as our Penhouse on deck 9 on the Seabourn Odyssey -- not to mention the food.

Bon Voyage to all of you lucky crossers!

Maybe we will see you next year?

Five days before we were to leave home for our October trip my husband & partner had a major stroke. Unfortunately, despite the fact that New York Hospital is one of the best in the country, our accomodations there are no where near as luxurious as our Penhouse on deck 9 on the Seabourn Odyssey -- not to mention the food.

Bon Voyage to all of you lucky crossers!

I'm very, very sorry for you both! I really hope your husband will fully recover and you will be able to be on many more Seabourn cruises!

For now: A lot of strength!

Marja

Maybe we will see you next year?

I hope so too; fingers crossed!

Archived