Where to get best rates?

jessieknj

Hi All.

It seems we may be able to squeeze a cruise in Jan 2010 and were looking for something inexpensive out of FL. Carnival seems to be the cheapest and doing some nice itins. Where do you find you get the best rates when you book?

We would be 2 adults (early 30's) and a 3 year old. Do you think Carnival would be a good vaca for us? We have only ever been on one 4 night cruise with disney and we had a blast.. not so much because of disney but we liked being in a new place everyday.

Thanks so much

Try at couple TAs to see what pricing they give you. We use a whs club TA. If the cost isn't less than Carnival, the OBC makes the total less $.

I find most online TAs pricing is the same as Carnival.

We're not supposed to name TAs on here.

OP: Welcome to CC. I would give Carnival a call. When you get to a PVP make sure that you let them know if you are a Veteran, age, state you are from etc. so that they can get you the best deal. You can also double check the prices with other on-line booking agencies, some of them will throw in some extra perks sometimes. Good luck and enjoy your future cruise with Carnival.

I've found that sometimes you can get a better price through a brick-and-mortar travel agent (especially if they are part of a large chain). My TA told me that the company gets blocks of rooms for certain cruises, so they're able to offer lower rates on those cruises than what you'd get if you booked through Carnival.

Hi All.

It seems we may be able to squeeze a cruise in Jan 2010 and were looking for something inexpensive out of FL. Carnival seems to be the cheapest and doing some nice itins. Where do you find you get the best rates when you book?

We would be 2 adults (early 30's) and a 3 year old. Do you think Carnival would be a good vaca for us? We have only ever been on one 4 night cruise with disney and we had a blast.. not so much because of disney but we liked being in a new place everyday.

Thanks so much

Welcome to the message board! Take a few minutes to review the board guidelines. Members, as helpful as they are, can't recommend travel agents or travel web sites. I know...I wish we could too. But no one would want to jeopardize their posting privileges on the message board by making that kind of recommendation. Sorry. :(

Archived