Final Call - Carnival Fascination 9/5/09

SweetDara

Hi Ladies, I received the final call today.

My wedding is scheduled for 1:30PM in Puttin on the Ritz. I had to think about the location for a bit and then I was horrified when I verified the location with a picture found on the internet. Can you say, "Barney's playground!"

I really wanted the Tara Library, since there are only 28 of us. I was told by Carnival's wedding department that the capacity was 20 for the Tara Library. Hmm, I've seen pictures of some weddings on the board with more people than that posted - but Oh well.

The reception is scheduled for 2:00PM in the Piano Bar or Club 88. I really hope it doesn't smell too smoky in there. I think I've read on here that it can be smoky at times in the bar. They stated we would cut the cake at 2:30PM which I thought was interesting. Most past brides report they cut the cake as soon as they come into the reception.

At any rate, I am glad to get the call, glad the wedding will be here and over soon so I can focus on more important things like my honeymoon and marriage!

I was married on the Fascination! Congrats to you! I'm sure everything will be beautiful. I was married in the Tara Library, then had my reception in the Piano Bar. I didn't think it was smoky at all. I thought all the pianos might be a little cheesy, but I ended up loving it! Did you hire the pianist to play? Ours was absolutely amazing. If I remember correctly we did our cake cutting almost right away...but the servers still had to get champagne for everyone and stuff, so we did mingle and take a few pictures for a little while. I can't wait to see pictures of your big day! Here is a link to my pics (The professional ones are the first album) if you're interested: http://lizanddavemain.shutterfly.com/

Congrats again!

I was married on the Fascination! Congrats to you! I'm sure everything will be beautiful. I was married in the Tara Library, then had my reception in the Piano Bar. I didn't think it was smoky at all. I thought all the pianos might be a little cheesy, but I ended up loving it! Did you hire the pianist to play? Ours was absolutely amazing. If I remember correctly we did our cake cutting almost right away...but the servers still had to get champagne for everyone and stuff, so we did mingle and take a few pictures for a little while. I can't wait to see pictures of your big day! Here is a link to my pics (The professional ones are the first album) if you're interested: http://lizanddavemain.shutterfly.com/

Congrats again!

Beautiful pictures.. congratulations. My daughter is getting married on the Pride in March. She is having the DJ. Would you do it again?

Hi Ladies, I received the final call today.

My wedding is scheduled for 1:30PM in Puttin on the Ritz. I had to think about the location for a bit and then I was horrified when I verified the location with a picture found on the internet. Can you say, "Barney's playground!"

I really wanted the Tara Library, since there are only 28 of us. I was told by Carnival's wedding department that the capacity was 20 for the Tara Library. Hmm, I've seen pictures of some weddings on the board with more people than that posted - but Oh well.

The reception is scheduled for 2:00PM in the Piano Bar or Club 88. I really hope it doesn't smell too smoky in there. I think I've read on here that it can be smoky at times in the bar. They stated we would cut the cake at 2:30PM which I thought was interesting. Most past brides report they cut the cake as soon as they come into the reception.

At any rate, I am glad to get the call, glad the wedding will be here and over soon so I can focus on more important things like my honeymoon and marriage!

Oh, I hope you have a beautiful wedding and a day to cherish forever.

Beautiful pictures.. congratulations. My daughter is getting married on the Pride in March. She is having the DJ. Would you do it again?

Congrats on your daughter's wedding! The Pride looks like a beautiful ship.

I would absolutely do it again...but there are two things I would change:

I would be more assertive with the photographer. She didn't listen to me and I ended up just letting her take over, even though we did not end up with a lot of shots that I would have liked. (I wanted less "posed" shots and more outdoor shots.)

I would insist that after the wedding cruise my husband and I take a private honeymoon! We still have yet to vacation alone together, and while it was a blast having our family along on our honeymoon, I'm still regretting that we did not plan something for just the two of us...even if it happened to be months after the wedding cruise.

Other than those two things, I think the wedding was perfect! :)

Hi Ladies, I didn't receive my call yet but I did receive an e-mail from the wedding experience.

My wedding is scheduled for 1:30PM in The Shangria Lounge.

The reception is scheduled for 2:00PM in the Illussions Disco. It has all these different colors,which I really don't care for. But what can I do thats what happens when you have a cruise wedding. I am so glad this is almost over with.

Hi Ladies, I didn't receive my call yet but I did receive an e-mail from the wedding experience.

The reception is scheduled for 2:00PM in the Illussions Disco. It has all these different colors,which I really don't care for. But what can I do thats what happens when you have a cruise wedding. I am so glad this is almost over with.

It is getting SO close! Can't wait to hear your review!!!!!!

You will survive the colors. Trying have a giant Frankenstein Monster as a guest, hahahahaha.

You're getting so close!!!

Archived