Costa Atlantica Question *NEWBIES* :-)

JacqNjames

HI everyone... we are considering a cruise for the first time.. we are both in our late 20's and was thinging about the Costa Atlantica western tour - We are from Toronto Canada and we thought we would try one closer to home for our first time.

I was wondering

What the age group is on this ship and others? Are we gong to be the youngest other than children?

Would anyone suggest a different cruise or cruise line?

Drinks... I assume this is costly?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Jacquelinesavage@Hotmail.com

Jacqueline

:)

Hi Jaqueline:

I am sure if you ask in genral, you will get lots of opinions about Costa and any other cruise line from A to Z.

My wife and I went on the Atlantica (also the Western Caribbean) last January and enjoyed every second on board of this magnificent ship. The food was outstanding (even though several people may disagree with me on this, due to the fact that italian specialties are being served and the entire cruise is after Costa's motto "Cruising Italian Style"). People who expect Chicken Fried Chicken, Meatloaf with gravy, etc. may not want to go on a Costa ship... I love international (and especially Italian) food and thought the food was outstanding in quality, quantity, taste, selection and presentation.

Costa has in my opinion one of the cleanest ships out there, that's why both the Atlantica and Mediterranea score with a 97 and 100 points (out of 100) at the CDC Ship Inspection reports.

The passengers on our cruise were mixed, couples, elderly and families, not a tendency to either extreme. My guess would be also a 90/10 or 85/15 split, having 85 or 90% Americans on Board, and the remaining balance Europeans, mainly from Italy and Germany.

We loved the itinerary, which included stops in Key West, Cozumel (Mexico), Ochio Rios (Jamaica) and Grand Cayman (B.W.I.)! We had a blast at every port of call and enjoyed our cruise to the fullest.

If you like, a full, detailed review is posted under "Reader's Reviews" here at CC. Feel free to contact me with any questions at PPPOWER96@aol.com.

Have fun selecting and booking your cruise & HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Andy

Archived