European River Cruises

jlesw

I am interested in information about your experiences on a European River Cruise. While the "clientele" appears more "mature", the idea/itineraries intrigue us. The gay friendliness of the experience might be a factor but not necessarily a deal breaker for us. Do you have any thoughts? Thanks -- Bill and Jim in Chicago

We just got back from the RSVP all-gay cruise on the Amalyra from Paris to Nuremberg, with the actual cruise starting near Trier. This week was only half-full which made for a chance to talk with everyone. It was wonderful. A much better experience than on the "regular" riverboat cruise we took 3 years ago as one of only two gay couples on the ship.

I am interested in information about your experiences on a European River Cruise. While the "clientele" appears more "mature", the idea/itineraries intrigue us. The gay friendliness of the experience might be a factor but not necessarily a deal breaker for us. Do you have any thoughts? Thanks -- Bill and Jim in Chicago

My partner and I have done 2 gay river cruises - 1 with Travelpride and 1 with RSVP. They were wonderful in every way. The clientele was more "mature" but that only added to the character of the cruise. I woke up one day and was "mature." I don't know how it happened. Many people on the last cruise were "serious travelers" and do both straight and gay cruises. Several spoke about uncomfortable experiences on straight cruises. That, however, could happen on any cruise.

Probably on a different note - I did notice that we seemed to be having more fun than people on other river boats.

I'm thinking you WERE HAVING MORE FUN!

The riverboat cruises are a whole other experience. Not much like the big ship ocean cruises, but still a great vacation. And more relaxing 'cause you don't have to make so many choices about which of several events you want to participate in.

Archived