Sitka - Wilderness Sea Kayaking??

travelingmomof3

Has anyone done this tour. I just saw it - I think it may be new. It would help my dilemma of having too many things to do in Juneau if I can do the kayaking here instead - but maybe Juneau is the better place for kayaking. Is there a CC member from Sitka here or has someone done this tour?

I don't think its new - we did it last June and it was really great! Not too difficult - and this from someone who hs never kayaked before. My DH had kayaked, so he sat in the rear seat to "steer" and I was in front. There were about three other kayaks in our group along with the guide. Saw TONS of jellyfish or all shapes and sizes (kinda eerie actually!), eagles, a sea lion, and these beautifully colored starfish (mint green, lavender, baby blue....REALLY!!!!). Our guide grew up in Sitka, so he had lots of wonderful stories to tell. Very enjoyable excursion. The Zodiac ride to the hidden cove was bouncy and fun, and they outfit you in these Michelin Man suits that are bright yellow, so its not for the fashion conscious! LOL!

Would definitely recommend the kayak excursion in Sitka rather than in Juneau. In Juneau, we did whale watching with Harv and Marv....and WOW!!!!! It was just amazing! Have fun whatever you decide. Alaska is just spectacular (which is why we're going back next May 31st for the third time!)!!!:p

Archived