Just returned -12nt med cruise-any questions??

jlijny

Would like advise on Dubronik. Will be there April 21 (HAL cruise) not sure if ship excursion worth it,,,,,what was your experience?

Dubrovnik is a very easy DIY port. Cost of a taxi from the port to the "walled" town was 10euros. We spent about 2-3 hours walking around town, but did not venture walking the wall as we were there in August and the temps were scortching. I can't imagine exactly what a tour could offer that you can't easily do yourself IMHO. Dubrovnik is really a beautiful country, which was somewhat surprizing to us. We didn't book anything here initially because ti be honest, it initially didn't interest us, and we considered making this stop a sea day, because the trip was so port intensive. Boy, are we glad we didn't. We had a lovely lunch in a small cafe overlooking the water at the entrance of the gangplank to the right. They served a set menu of traditional meditteranean fare. The bill for 5 of us including tip (and wine) was under 100 euros. The scenery alone was worth it....

Thanks, so at Port we should be able to catch a cab to the old town?

Only did one other cruise,,,,( on Century in 2008 it was great)

so a little hesistant to go it on our own,,,,

although with enough research I am sure we can do some of the ports,,,,,

You will love the tour in Athens. Jim was great, He got us to the Acropolis before the crowds. As we left, there was wall to wall people. There was a strike of some sort in the city, and Jim knew how to navigate his way around the traffic. It was a very enjoyable day, and he brought us to a great restaurant for lunch.

Re: the Secret Tour of Doge Palace.....you can book on-line (which I think that you must pre-pay). I called them directly to make a reservation. You don't pay until you arrive that morning. Call 011-39-041-52-09-070. The tour lasts approx. 1 hr, and the cost is 16euro per person. The fee also includes admission into the balance of the palace,

Have fun!!!!

what website did you find a 16 euro per person price for the secret tour? I found a price of 23 euros.

Archived