senior ok for Falls and emerald pool hike?

tsj

Hi All, We will visit Dominca in March, My MIL is 72 y.o. in fair shape, do you think the Falls and Emerald pool hike are ok ? we will also have our daughters 11 & 13. We would love to do this but I don't want to bite off more than we can chew. Thanks tsj

tsj, we did the Emerald Pool and Trafalgar Falls hikes in April. Your girls will be fine at both places. The hike down to the Emerald Pool is slightly slippery in some places and steep in some places, however my DH made it down to the Pool and back up with his health issues. We just took our time. He decided to sit out the hike to the Falls, however there is an overlook with benches a short distance from the Falls. You can rest there or continue down to the Falls over some rocks. Both the hikes are gorgeous - Dominica was one of our favorite islands. If your MIL is in fair shape, she should be able to make either hike as long as you take your time to do it. Enjoy!!

Sue

• 1 month later...

Ditto..but please plan on taking your time...slippery almost all the time cause it rains there about 15 times a day at least....most lovely rainforest and greatest rainbows I've ever seen. Absolutely our favorite tropical island for scenery!

Archived