Celebration Deck 9 Deluxe Cabins

I've read a review that says the bathroom in a De Luxe cabin on deck was horrible. I'm in 002. Does anyone else have experience of these cabins? also it said there was a lot of noise from the deckas above and a lot of vibration. Any views on this would be appreciated - I'm on the ship friday 28th August, out of Corfu.

We were in Cabin 016 on Deck 9 in April. The only very slight issue I had with the bathroom was that the floor tile grouting was poor and missing in a few places. However, that was a very minor issue. Having a bath with shower over was very good, water was always hot, water pressure good, excellent towels and a good amount of storage space.

The cabin itself was fine. Quite roomy, with a comfortable bed and a good amount of wardrobe and drawer space.

The deck above is the games deck and it is only used at set times. We found no problem with noise.

In terms of the vibration, I think this is overstated. It is there, but I can't say it was ever a problem. It certainly didn't disturb our sleep - and may have helped as we slept like logs.

I think you will find the deluxe cabins to be fine.

Edited by MrMojoRisin

We have been in a deluxe on deck 9 (005) the bathroom was tatty but much bigger than one in the standard size cabin. It was nice not to fight with the curtain as the shower was over the bath.:) The vibration wasn't too bad in this cabin - you soon got used to it. The noise from the sunbeds on deck above is only when they put them out and put them away. We have also been in a deluxe on deck 7 (115) the bathroom in this cabin was horrible and the vibration much more intrusive BUT there was no noise from above and there was a double bed! We still managed to have a fabulous time on both cruises, despite the bathrooms! The upgrade is much less than on other Thomson ships so I still prefer the deluxe as there is a lot more space. You also get a bath robe so that saves a bit of space in the suitcase! Have a lovely holiday.

We've had cabin 001 before and as it was right up against Horizons had no issues with scraping loungers on the deck above. I seem to remember hearing very muted music from Horizons bar but it wasn't intrusive and didn't last long into the night.

Personally I think these cabins are in the best possible position as you can nip out, up the stairs and straight onto deck or alternatively pop into Horizons, settle down in the comfortable chairs and have the best view on the ship. On the two occasions I've had similar cabins on Celebration and Spirit, most of the passengers didn't discover Horizons until midweek

:) We had cabin 016 for 2 weeks and loved it. The beds are queen sized and we slept like tops except for one night when some teenagers ran along the deck above at about 1.30am - a quick call to reception soon sorted it as they sent security up there. The bathroom was very roomy compared with the internal cabin that we used to change in on the last day due to a late scheduled flight. In the deluxe cabins you get luxury toiletries so no need to take shampoo, conditioner or bubble bath/shower gel. Towels changed twice a day. Also you get flannels provided together with a huge towelling dressing gown. By the way the grouting must have been fixed since the above comments as it was just ship shape! The cabin is enormous and you have enough room for at least another double bed. There was an adjoining door to the next cabin, if that's any use to anyone. Cabin 002 would be lovely as its next to the Horizons bar. Say hello to Arishella the hostess in there - say Graham and Janet are missing her and their Henkells!

By the way if anyone wants to know about using hair straighteners on board - its okay as they actually sell them on board!

Thats all I have time for. Have a great trip.

Janet and graham

:) There was an adjoining door to the next cabin, if that's any use to anyone.

Janet and graham

Unbelievable!! We've just booked our first cruise & specifically wanted interconnecting cabins. When we called to enquire we were told that 'NONE' of Thomson's ships had any interconnecting cabins!! We've had to book two seperate cabins now AND take my mother, as the children are too young to sleep alone!

There are only 6 balcony cabins on Dream and these are 'Grand Suites' - very expensive!!! I don't think any of Thomson's ship have balcony cabins. We could have booked a balcony cabin on P&O's Ventura for almost the same price as we've paid for Thomson's Dream - however this price wouldn't have included tips and drinks (as we qualified for free AI) so weighing up the extra spends involved we settled for an outside cabin on Dream!

• 4 years later...
Do none of the Thomson ships have balcony cabins? Looiking at the New year cruise and was surprised to see this.

Which deluxe cabin is the best? and are the suites worth the extra?

Thanks

here are 26 Balcony Cabin on Celebration. Deck 9 and Deck 5.

I thought it was strange that you said you had just booked your first cruise :confused: then I noticed the date!

The Majesty is getting good reviews :)

Fingers crossed it stays that way Linda. Off to the TA today to pay the balance, brings it all that more closer :)