CONTRACT ON BOARD RUBY To Arrange Mass

geocruiser

Hi,

We will be traveling on Ruby in Dec. I know that there is no R.C .Mass on board. We are traveling with a good friend and he is a priest. He would like to hold mass on board while he is on board with us (open to all who want to come) He have been a Chaplain on Holland and X. Who can he contact before we go to make arrangements to do this on board (if they have space to do it and want him to do it)

Maria

Hi,

We will be traveling on Ruby in Dec. I know that there is no R.C .Mass on board. We are traveling with a good friend and he is a priest. He would like to hold mass on board while he is on board with us (open to all who want to come) He have been a Chaplain on Holland and X. Who can he contact before we go to make arrangements to do this on board (if they have space to do it and want him to do it)

Maria

I'm sure this can be arranged while on board with the PSD. There is always a Sunday service held, though not specifically Catholic. The only time I've actually seen a Catholic service is Easter Sunday and for that there was a priest on board. They always ask for someone to lead the Jewish Sabbath on Friday nights (it's listed in the Patter), so I would presume it's done the same way for the other services.

Just inquire at the Pursers desk - they will lead you to the right person to make arrangements. We have bee on several cruises where a priest was a pax and held mass daily in one of the show venues.

Ron

On the Coral to Alaska (July 27) we had a priest travelling with us who said daily Mass and Sunday Mass. The Sunday Mass was in the Princess Theater and had a better turnout than several of the naturalist talks!

Archived