Need some answers please and quick!!

they still charge them to your S&S account everyday and then credit them back at the end. At least that is how I saw it on my last cruise

On last 3 cruises tips were on the card as soon as we got our SS cards... I went down on one cruise that evening to inquire about something else, got a printout and the complete charge for 5 nights of tips were already on the card... in fact first charge.

I didn't read all posts on this thread, but you CAN do a western union quick collect and send money directly to the ship for them. Call Carnival and they will tell you how to do it.

It's not cheap, but it can be done. If it's done before 5:30pm, it SHOULD be available same day. If it's cash, I believe it's a special flat rate of $13.

Procedure to transfer money

The customer must identify themselves as a "Quick Collect Customer".

The CCL identification number is: " Code City: Carnival Florida".

The customer must specify whether the money is for guests on board or that the money is for payment on a booking. The following information must be provided:

Booking Number Guest's Name

Ship and Sail Date Cabin Number

I agree, dropping money in a checking account would be the simplest, quickest, and cheapest.

My son and his wife are on the Fascination. Before the set sail, they had $200 put on their onboard acct. When they got onboard, they only had a little over $100 cash on them. They have had some rough times, she lost her job but the cruise was already paid for and on ES so they couldn't get a refund. Anyway, when they got onboard, at the pursers desk they were told that they had a $200 happy anniversary credit on their acct so they thought they now had a $400 credit, the two hundred that they had put on prior to sailing and now the two hundred gift from Carnival. By the time I heard from her, I told her to stop whatever she was doing and go back to the pursers desk and make sure what they told her was right. You guessed it, the pursers saw that they were celebrating their anniverary on this sailing and said happy anniversary you have a $200 credit which meant you only have a $200 credit, the money you fronted on your acct. They have used almost all of it, I can't get a straight answer from anyone at Carnival as to whether I can put $ on the acct for them now that they've sailed. I won't have $ till Wednesday which puts wiring it to them in Nassau Tuesday out of the question. What does Carnival do if you owe on your ship account and don't have the $ on you when you get back to the dock at the end of your trip????? I will be there to pick them up and can have the $ for them but I don't know if they will accept it that way. Will they bill them??? I have no idea what to do here. Any suggestions????:confused::(

first off, out of that 200$ their tips and gratuity came out. If they are on a 4 day cruise, that is 80$ out of that money right there and then. that just left them 120 to spend.

Did they use a debit master card/visa, or a regular credit card? If they put a debit visa down, then you can add the money directly to their checking account as long as they give you the number for you to do that with. The bank will not ask questions, just fill out the deposit ticket, and hand them the money.

Okay Guys and Gals, here's the end of the story. I called Carnival again this morning and got transferred to the Acctg Cash Dept. They told me to send it Western Union to Carnival Cruise, Code City: Carnival FL and put the Booking # as the Acct #. I did this and waited an hour and called Carrnival back, they located the Western Union Transfer while I was on the phone with them and emailed the ship as we were speaking. The Pursers Desk will notify my son that there is $ on his acct. I talked to about six different people between yesterday and today and only got the same info twice. The correct info twice from the acctg dept that is.:)

nice that it worked out.

The OBC is tricky. I boarded last December expecting about $400 OBC. So I asked at the purser's desk when we boarded "You have $700" OBC. WOW! I wondered where that came from! We missed the first night, so maybe it was a "sorry we left without you" credit. I figured out eventually, that $400 of it was pre-purchased excursions!!! And I actually was shorted $100! It didn't impact our spending, but it was funny that they counted the excursions which had been paid for months ago as OBC. By the way, the $100 was reimbursed to our credit card when we returned.

Okay Guys and Gals, here's the end of the story. I called Carnival again this morning and got transferred to the Acctg Cash Dept. They told me to send it Western Union to Carnival Cruise, Code City: Carnival FL and put the Booking # as the Acct #. I did this and waited an hour and called Carrnival back, they located the Western Union Transfer while I was on the phone with them and emailed the ship as we were speaking. The Pursers Desk will notify my son that there is $ on his acct. I talked to about six different people between yesterday and today and only got the same info twice. The correct info twice from the acctg dept that is.:)

Thanks for letting us know it was resolved... Hope they are happy!

My DIL finally gave in and enjoyed the cruise once she'd brooded over it for about 12 hrs after she found out they didn't actually have the $200 extra. My son makes the best of everything and gave her a bit of a hard time but she came around. They will be back tomorrow morning. Thanks everyone.:)

You could have one of them go and fill out and open up a Carnival SEAMILES account onboard. They will do the credit check and approve them right there. (As long as their credit is sufficient)

Then they can have them attached the Carnival seamiles account right to their SAIL-N-SIGN account. That way they can pay it off after they get back.

ALSO

1. They will receive I believe 5,000 seamiles automatically when they open the account.
  2. If it is still the same when I opened mine, they will also receive double seamiles for any charges they make while on a Carnival cruise or Carnival purchase. I always book my cruises with it and use it on my sail-n-sign. I now have emough seamiles for a free 7day OView cruise. I opened mine a few years ago.
  3. Yes the APR is a little high, 12-14% I think, but at least they will be able to enjoy their vacation and worry about the bill after teh cruise.

Or maybe they can wash about 5,000 dishes on the last night of the cruise. LOL j/k

Good Luck ! Hope everything works out.

Archived