Galveston - Harbour House

doliver

The real answer is - it depends. There are two docking spaces. The closest one is walkable depending upon how much luggage you are toting and how mobile you are with the luggage. The other docking space is twice as far and is not walkable with luggage.

We embarked at the farthest dock and disembarked at the closer dock.

I was sort of hoping to get a definitive answer, but as with most issues on these boards..."it all depends".

Does anybody else have an opinion?

With the way the schedule works at Galveston, it really does depend. Because the Ecstasy is in Galveston on alternating Saturdays, the Grand will almost always depart from one terminal, and return to the other. Terminal 1 (the Carnival terminal that the Ecstasy will always use) is within walking distance, terminal 2 really isn't.

I say it's walkable. When we stayed at Harbour House, I drove my wife and the luggage to the pier (it was raining on that day), then went and parked at Harbour House. My son and I walked back from Harbour House to Pier 2 with the carry on items. On the return, we walked back to Harbour House got the truck and picked up my wife and luggage at the pier.

This way I was always driving in the opposite direction of everyone else. It's probably 1/2 mile from Harbour House to Pier 2 and a lot closer to Pier 1.

Archived