drinking water

sparkyrmc

I guess being in Canada we are spoilt with our often free refills on drinks. Although I can't help think it is a bit on the tight side not to offer free water considering we are paying thousands of dollars. Just one of those niggly things :rolleyes: Just saying, I guess for us in steerage we will just lap the water out of the tap :D

This reminds me. There is a little secret I'll let you in on. Buy the first bottle from your room, or wherever. Then, when you need a refill, trot down to the fitness center and fill it from the bottled water bubbler. Just take care not to touch your bottle lip to the spigot. This assumes you have the determination or will power to step over the threshold of that room of torture. If anyone says it is reserved for fitness center users, tell 'em to buzz off and that you are going for a power walk on deck.:D

All the tap water in the cabins is fine to drink, you can also get it from kings court, otherwise you pay for bottled, I think the one in the cabi is free if you chat up the steward though

I do not believe that the steward is able to get "free" water. They will be stock checked carefully, no doubt.

It would never occur to me to try and get something of this nature "comped". Somewhere along the chain there is an element of false accounting, and unless I see proof to the contrary then I can only conclude that this "comping" is complicit with dishonesty.

I would rather pay the couple of dollars, or whatever it is, for a bottle of water than be so complicit.

This reminds me. There is a little secret I'll let you in on. Buy the first bottle from your room, or wherever. Then, when you need a refill, trot down to the fitness center and fill it from the bottled water bubbler.

Potentially dangerous - a lot of bugs grow in bottles of water. One should not keep one open for too long.

If you sterilise it each time, you'd be fine.

Archived