Donations for GC

sas80

Thinking about bringing some clothing items and school supplies to donate to GC.

Can anyone tell me the name of a local charity and or school that would take the items once we arrived in port? Maybe a contact name and or phone number? We can hire a taxi to get us and the items there.

Thanks!

Cayman has the highest standard of living in the islands, south and central America!

I'm sure someone would appreciate the offer but in my opninion it would be MUCH better used elsewhere ....

Well there ARE some people on the island who live below that "high standard of living" and the items would be well appreciated by the local charities.

Thinking about bringing some clothing items and school supplies to donate to GC.

Can anyone tell me the name of a local charity and or school that would take the items once we arrived in port? Maybe a contact name and or phone number? We can hire a taxi to get us and the items there.

Thanks!

There are 3 charities that we have on the island:

1. Cayman Islands Humane Society

Phone: (345) 949-1461

2. Cayman Islands Red Cross

Phone: (345) 949-6785

3. National Council of Voluntary Organizations (NCVO)

Phone: 949-2124

As has been pointed out, Cayman as a whole is more fortunate than some places. Still, if you would like to consider bringing donations, the National Council of Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) is a local umbrella agency which would be a good starting point.

You can find contact information about the NCVO on www.ncvo.org.ky

Thank you very much for the information.

To be honest the donations (shoes and school supplies)are targeted for Jamaica and I am planning ahead in the event of a hurricane or some other natural event that keeps us from Jamaica.

I guess with this info maybe I will make Coz a higher donation priority than GC :confused:

Again, thanks for the info!

Archived