Car rental near Brooklyn Cruise Terminal ?

Brissle

Hi,

We will arrive at the Brooklyn Cruise terminal on board Queen Mary 2 on Monday 30 November.

I want to rent a car for 5 days so we can drive to see family in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.

We will return the car to Newark airport to fly home to the UK.

Can anyone please tell me of any rental companies who have a base close to the terminal?

Ideally a short cab ride away, or even better if they would pick us up at the terminal.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

I would give Enterprise car rental a call. Ive used them, very competitive pricing. I know for a fact they pick people up. They do have a few locations somewhat near the cruise terminal. Which one is closest, I dont know. Give them a call and see.

1-800-261-7331

Enterprise is almost all franchises in NY city and I am fairly sure will charge an outrageous drop off charge. Avis has a corporate location at Atlantic Avenue and Court Street about a mile from the Brooklyn terminal.

Also I am fairly sure that Enterprise won't let the cars out of the US but Avis MAY....

fyi from the Avis website

7.Can I take the vehicle out of the country I rented it in? Canada:

• With advance arrangement and consent from Avis, certain cars may be rented from the United States and driven into Canada by U.S. residents. A Canadian non-resident insurance card may be required and is available at the Avis rental location. Please call 800-230-4898 for more information.
  • Due to Canadian law, a Canadian resident is restricted from driving a U.S.-owned vehicle into Canada.

Thanks for the info.

I haven't had any problem taking a rental car into Canada on previous occasions - maybe I just didn't think to mention this to the rental company.... or maybe they don't have a problem with British people going into Canada.

I have found that Dollar have a location not far away and I've used them before, so have emailed them for a quote.

I've looked on the internet for Enterprise, but they don't appear to have an email address, so will wait and see what Dollar say.

Thanks again for getting my search started.

Thanks for the info.

I haven't had any problem taking a rental car into Canada on previous occasions - maybe I just didn't think to mention this to the rental company.... or maybe they don't have a problem with British people going into Canada.

I have found that Dollar have a location not far away and I've used them before, so have emailed them for a quote.

I've looked on the internet for Enterprise, but they don't appear to have an email address, so will wait and see what Dollar say.

Thanks again for getting my search started.

where is the dollar rent a car?

according to Google maps it's at 365 Van Brunt St., Brooklyn

Haven't had a reply yet from Dollar.

I would like to see that response since 365 is a school yard. There is no dollar rental on Van Brunt unless it opened this week. You can see for your self the diner I go to about twice a month is at 347 VB

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hope-and-anchor-brooklyn

You can use mapquest and get a street view....

http://www.dollar.com/Locations/AdvancedLocationsSearch.aspx doesn't show a Brooklyn Location

That just shows how much Google knows...!!!

Thanks for doing that check. Amazing that we have someone living close by who reads this Forum - you are doing a great favour to us travellers.

It will be interesting to see what (if any) reply I get from Dollar.

If I get no luck from them, I'd best try Avis who appear to be the next closest

Archived