Costa Europa question??

jojo67

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and new to cruising, having just booked our first 2 week med cruise with Thomson on Dream for July 2010. As Dream is currently Europa, I am hoping that someone will be able to answer a quick question (no one at Thomson seems able!!). We have booked two outside plus cabins each sleeping 3 on deck 7 and will be utilising one of the pullman berths for the children. Looking at picures of the Europa cabins at present, the pullman looks as though it comes down from above the sofa - does anyone know if this is the case as I am hoping it is so that DH & I can have our bed in a queen configuration??

Sorry, forgot to ask if there are currently any self service laundry facilities on Europa, again Thomson staff have been able to tell me!

Regards

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and new to cruising, having just booked our first 2 week med cruise with Thomson on Dream for July 2010. As Dream is currently Europa, I am hoping that someone will be able to answer a quick question (no one at Thomson seems able!!). We have booked two outside plus cabins each sleeping 3 on deck 7 and will be utilising one of the pullman berths for the children. Looking at picures of the Europa cabins at present, the pullman looks as though it comes down from above the sofa - does anyone know if this is the case as I am hoping it is so that DH & I can have our bed in a queen configuration??

Sorry, forgot to ask if there are currently any self service laundry facilities on Europa, again Thomson staff have been able to tell me!

Regards

The following information relates to the Europa now, there could be changes if she is refitted beforte becoming Dream.

If you look at some deck plans, the cabins have various symbols to show what type of beds thes have. Have you checked this out?

Also on Costa Web sites you can view (Quicktime movies and photos) of various cabing categories:

http://www.costacruises.co.uk/B2C/GB/Shopping/Ships/EU/default.htm

From what I have seen is that where there is a sofa / couch that this is made up as a third bed, the only pulldown beds I have seen were in 4 berth inside cabins where the 3rd. & 4th. berths were pull down. I may be wrong.

With regards to queen bed configuations. You may have two twin beds :eek:, BUT they are easy enough to push them together.;)

On the Europe (as on every Costa ship) there are no self service laundry facilities, I am glad as it is cheaper for us to use the ship's laundary/dry cleaning/ironing services than taking our house maid with us.:D

If you need any more information, just ask.

Ron

Thanks Ron, I've had a look but it's still not very clear! Thomsons have sold me an outside plus, where they say 3rd & 4th beds are upper berths. They have a deluxe which will sleep 3 utlising the sofa bed. Looks like I may have to wait until the refit to find out for sure!

Thanks.

Archived