Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

hammer29 - Welcome to the cheering section -

Its fun to cheer folks thru the process of waiting for their cabin assignments when they book a Guarantee & to see the what the "Upgrade Fairy" is up to.

We book both ways depending on, if we want a specific cabin or if we want a deal and the cabin does not matter for that specific cruise.

For our next cruise - just need a window - thats all, after that - life is wonderful - cabin does not matter & if we get a surprise upgrade "What a Gift!"

Join in the Cheering & have a great time!

hammer29 - Welcome to the cheering section -

Its fun to cheer folks thru the process of waiting for their cabin assignments when they book a Guarantee & to see the what the "Upgrade Fairy" is up to.

We book both ways depending on, if we want a specific cabin or if we want a deal and the cabin does not matter for that specific cruise.

For our next cruise - just need a window - thats all, after that - life is wonderful - cabin does not matter & if we get a surprise upgrade "What a Gift!"

Join in the Cheering & have a great time!

Us too. Sometimes we want a specific cabin midship, such as when we cruised to Bermuda, and when we cruised an transatlantic. We don't easily get sea sick, and for the Caribbean, any ole cabin is fine, but for cruises where we can expect it will be extremely choppy, we prefer to book a specific midship cabin.

Our cruise departs on the 3rd of January and I cannot take the suspense! :eek: I am for some reason nervous! I want to knoooooww!!!

:D

My cruise leaves Jan. 4, and my cabin was listed in my HAL documents today. Alas, no upgrade fairy this time, but my cabin will be great anyway!

Not sure if the upgrade fairy stuck but I booked a guarantee category BC Balcony cabin on the 12/21 Statendam. Yesterday afternoon I found out that I have been assigned a category A....cabin 049 balcony cabin. :) Finally.

For days leading up to this cruise I have been checking the 1st page of my on-line check for my cabin number assignment. Yesterday morning, with no cabin assignment showing....I used the "chat" option on the on-line check-in page and "chatted" with someone from HAL to see when I could expect a balcony cabin assignment. This HAL guy told me "any day now and it might be assigned on embarkation day."

I said thanks and also said I found out my assigned cabin within a few days of booking when I booked a guarantee on Celebrity and in my opinion the HAL process is very frustrating.

It was only a few hours later that my cabin assignment showed up on my check-in page.

Coincidence?:confused:

Hey I just left you a message on roll call.. Congradulations. Was that an upgrade or just what you applied for originally?

Hey cheggy. I think it may have been an upgrade...I'm just not sure.

When I booked, I booked a BC Guarantee Balcony Cabin.

I got a category "A" Balcony Cabin. If the "A" cat is higer than the "BC" cat, I got an upgrade.

I know how Princess and Celebrity work...just not sure about HAL.

JWJS-

Could you tell me where the on-line chat option is on the check in page could not find it.....enjoy your upgrade...

Thank you and I still am wondering how much of an upgrade this was dollar wise.

To answer your question...on the 1st page of the HAL website...upper right hand corner...there's a "Click to Chat" box and on the 1st page of my on-line check in page the "Click to Chat" box was also in the upper right had corner.

HAL hit a home run with the "Click to Chat" feature. I use this often (seems like there's always something going on with my internet service) with my cable TV/Phone/Internet provider. Makes life sooooooo easy.:)

As soon as you click the Click to Chat box, a HAL representative jumps on and you type in your question and he/she types back the response. Awesome.

Thank you and I still am wondering how much of an upgrade this was dollar wise.

To answer your question...on the 1st page of the HAL website...upper right hand corner...there's a "Click to Chat" box and on the 1st page of my on-line check in page the "Click to Chat" box was also in the upper right had corner.

HAL hit a home run with the "Click to Chat" feature. I use this often (seems like there's always something going on with my internet service) with my cable TV/Phone/Internet provider. Makes life sooooooo easy.:)

As soon as you click the Click to Chat box, a HAL representative jumps on and you type in your question and he/she types back the response. Awesome.

By "Click to Chat" do you mean "Click to Call"?

I am sorry but I do not see that box... And by chat do you mean talk over the phone or do you mean instant message chat? Sorry for being dense.

I just went online you are right the chat is not there, I don't know what time you tried but maybe they were closed might not be available 24/7 try again in the morning....

I'm now 18 days out I know too soon to be checking but I can't help myself this waiting is HARD......any one else obsessed with this?

12 days for me-and my hubby called me from work about 30 minutes ago to check and see if we had been assigned-he is obsessed I guess! I would just check once a week on Thursdays, (seems to be the day they are assigned from the posts I read here) if not for him.

This agonizing wait is extremely hard, I must admit. But if the myth that the longer the you wait the better your potential upgrade will be is correct, then I can stand the wait I suppose.

I just went online you are right the chat is not there, I don't know what time you tried but maybe they were closed might not be available 24/7 try again in the morning....

Yeah, I finally did see it there. Other times it is not there. I was able to chat and all I was told was to check again once the sailing is 10 days out. Geez...

This agonizing wait is extremely hard, I must admit. But if the myth that the longer the you wait the better your potential upgrade will be is correct, then I can stand the wait I suppose.

I wish that was true for me. I received my cabin 2 days before sailing. While the category was higher, the room was smaller and there was only a shower.

I still had a great time and it did not affect our cruise at all. I would have been happy with anything as long as I was on a cruise.

Just an FYI. Some people on other ships seemed to get much better cabins - from a balcony to a suite. Maybe someday it will happen to me too.

Archived