Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

Hi Royalcruz- We decided on 2 night post cruise at the Marriott Harbor Beach. What do you know about this one other than the beautiful ocean view room??? Anywhere near water taxi? Since we are 10 months out perhaps the price will drop but we got a pretty good package with $50 daily resort credit. You are always soooo helpful! Glad you are here.

I've had dinner at the hotel at 3030 and it is really good, and my friend stays in this hotel and loves it. It is set back a couple of blocks from the main road which makes walking places quite a bit of a walk. The closest water taxi stop is just south of Bahia Mar hotel, behind the fire station. It's under a mile walk.

My son is dropping us off for our Solstice cruise next Sunday (June 13) and will return to pick us up on June 20. Does he need any special documents (other than his driver's license) to get in on his return? Should he bring a copy of our cruise docs?

We get private rides all the time. He just needs his drivers license and will need to tell the guard where he is going.

We are staying at the Hyatt Place North in FLL for 2 days pre-cruise in September. I have been reading alot on CC about the area.....but I am still not sure what will be the best options for us on those 2 days. We are arriving early so I hope the hotel can secure our luggage. We are both early 50's and hubby and I like to eat (moderately priced) and have a few cocktails. He likes the beach and sun....I do not. Somewhere with good Italian food that has pizza since I am a vegetarian. A lounge or pub for a few cocktails at night. Any suggestions.....needs to be in short walking distance from the hotel. Thanks!!!

We are staying at the Hyatt Place North in FLL for 2 days pre-cruise in September. I have been reading alot on CC about the area.....but I am still not sure what will be the best options for us on those 2 days. We are arriving early so I hope the hotel can secure our luggage. We are both early 50's and hubby and I like to eat (moderately priced) and have a few cocktails. He likes the beach and sun....I do not. Somewhere with good Italian food that has pizza since I am a vegetarian. A lounge or pub for a few cocktails at night. Any suggestions.....needs to be in short walking distance from the hotel. Thanks!!!

Lounge or pub: Duffy's Sports Bar & Grill in Harbor Shops, lobby bar at the Embassy Suites, or Waxy O' Connors on 17th St.

Italian: closest are Dough Boys Pizzaria on 17th St and there is a new Italian casual Italian Restaurant in Harbor Shops. Bravo in the Quay is about 8 blocks away and is a little nicer than the others, with pizza. As a vegetarian, you might also like Moe's Southwestern's Art Vandalay burrito in the Harbor Shops or Coco Asian Bistro in Harbor Shops.

I've had dinner at the hotel at 3030 and it is really good, and my friend stays in this hotel and loves it. It is set back a couple of blocks from the main road which makes walking places quite a bit of a walk. The closest water taxi stop is just south of Bahia Mar hotel, behind the fire station. It's under a mile walk.

Thank you very much for your help. You are great!

We are cruising out of Port Everglades this Thursday (:D) and get back on the following Monday. We are staying that night so we can see the area and toodle around. We need a rental car. Would you say it is better to rent a car from the airport rental agencies (we are flying out of FLL on Tuesday) and pay the higher price? Or is it feasible to rent from an off airport agency. I saw a Budget on Federal Highway something or other. I am not sure how we would get back to the airport in that sitation. Suggestions???

My concerns are:

1. getting from the port to the rental place after the cruise (taxi, rental shuttles?)

and

2. getting from the rental place to the airport when we turn in the car.

It is unreal how many suite hotels are opening in the airport area. It looks like you got a great price, and there is an airport shuttle. I think that the Ale House is the best place to eat that you can walk to. It's a sports bar/restaurant, but is good. It is less than a 6 block walk.

I just booked the Summerfield Suites at the FLL airport on Hotwire for $56 plus tax of $13.48 for a total of $69.48.:D

Mapquest indicates there is a CVS on Stirling Road across from the Springhill Suites. Seems to be near the entrance to Oakwood Plaza.

Is it really there? And do they sell wine there?

Thanks!

Mapquest indicates there is a CVS on Stirling Road across from the Springhill Suites. Seems to be near the entrance to Oakwood Plaza.

Is it really there? And do they sell wine there?

Thanks!

CVS does sell wine (not on sundays before noon), but it's about a mile west of Oakwood on Stirling Road near Park Rd.

CVS does sell wine (not on sundays before noon), but it's about a mile west of Oakwood on Stirling Road near Park Rd.

Any place closer? Anything in Oakwood Plaza? I know there's a BJ's Wholesale Club, but we're not members.

We (3 adults), are booked on the Liberty July 31 - 7, sailing out of Miami. The plane tickets were about $500.00 cheaper flying into Fort Lauderdale. We have a room at the La Quinta Airport as they have a free shuttle to the hotel. We will arrive on the 30th at 2 ish. So that is taken care of but . . .

Is there any place close to the hotel that we could walk to for pop and water or for any kind of fun or a great not to miss resturant?

I am also in need of information to get to the port in Miami the next day. What would be your recommendation, taxi, shuttle or what? Also I will need transportation back to FLL the day we get back in. Any help you may be able to give me would be so appreciated.

Thanks,

Ellen

Free parking at Hyatt Place, Sleep Inn, LaQuinta, and Hampton Inn. Many of the airport hotels offer this also.

Royalcruz, is this free parking for the duration of the cruise? And is this offered at both Hyatt Place hotels (North and South)? Hyatt Place South, in Dania Beach, is the only one that comes up on http://www.parksleepfly.com.

Kmart might sell some wine. If not, you can get a day pass at BJs.

Where is KMart located from Springhill Suites? Bought this on Hot Wire today using the icons of shuttle, non-smoking, fitness center...hoping it would be Hyatt Place North. Now I need to find places to eat, what is close by.

Royalcruz, is this free parking for the duration of the cruise? And is this offered at both Hyatt Place hotels (North and South)? Hyatt Place South, in Dania Beach, is the only one that comes up on www.parksleepfly.com.

Hyatt Place north offers free parking for guests staying there. They might charge for parking during a cruise; it's best to ask the hotels this question directly.

Where is KMart located from Springhill Suites? Bought this on Hot Wire today using the icons of shuttle, non-smoking, fitness center...hoping it would be Hyatt Place North. Now I need to find places to eat, what is close by.

Springhill Suites is in the airport zone and Hyatt Place North is in the downtown zone. Kmart is right across Stirling Road in Oakwood Plaza. There are no great restaurants to walk to. My favorite is Ale House, a sports bar/restaurant in the south end of Oakwood Plaza, past Home Depot.

Springhill Suites is in the airport zone and Hyatt Place North is in the downtown zone. Kmart is right across Stirling Road in Oakwood Plaza. There are no great restaurants to walk to. My favorite is Ale House, a sports bar/restaurant in the south end of Oakwood Plaza, past Home Depot.

Thank you, royalcruz. We may look at renting a car. I saw where Dania Beach has public transportation. Looks like there is a place to eat on the pier at Dania Beach. Problem would be getting back to hotel because it quits running @ 5:45 pm.

Do you know if the car rental places @ FLL would drop you @ the cruise terminal after you return the car?

We will be in Ft Lauderdale Feb 7th/2011 day of the supper bowl.

A group of us will be staying at the Roadway Inn, Hyatt Place and Cambria Suites.

Could you please tell us if there is a sports bar with a big screen TV close to any of us so that we can get together and watch the game.