Ramses tour payment

We are making plans for our upcoming Mediterranean cruise and we have heard good things about Ramses tours in Egypt. I see on their website they offer an overnight tour to the desert. Is that a tour that cruise ship customers can go on and still get back in time to reboard the ship?

LuvLucca

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does Ramses provide bottled water for their passengers?

I am in a group of 8 booked with Ramses for a private overnight tour in May. This is what they sent me:

Include:

Pick up services from Port Said (by the cruise exit door) & return Alexandria Port

All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle

Accommodation in 5star Hotel

Breakfast at your Hotel

Private English Egyptologist guide

Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites

Mineral water on board the vehicle during the tour

Lunch meal in a pyramids view restaurant in the first day (drinks not included)

Lunch meal at Nile view restaurant in Cairo in the second day (drinks not included)

All Service charges & taxes

Exclude:

Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary

Tipping Kitty

• 1 month later...

We just came back from an overnight in Cairo and it was amazing. Request Mimmo for your guide if you can- he made all the difference. We had friends that did a tour of alex for the day and were bored, you an do a lot in cairo: we went to the museum, sakara, shopping, into the tombs in sakara, solar boat, ramses statue in Memphis, Pyramids (went inside & rode camels around the outside), the Citadel & Mohammed ali mosque, and felluca ride. Since it was only my husband & I we got to see way more than another private groupo booked with ramses plus Mimmo is great at scheduling things so we were the only people in Sakara and took amazing pix of the step pyramid. He had the right itinerary to avoid the buses and crowds as much as possible. And yes, you get a bottle of water a day. If your guide is amazing, it's cold. On all our other Ramses tours it was warm.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What are the suggested tips for guide and driver?

I need answer for this question

Any one can help?

I asked Ahmed; here is his reply: "As for tipping kitty, it is really up to your satisfaction, and how much you appreciate the service. Average of 8-10% of the tour price (that is a suggestion guide)."

Here is some more advice:http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294201-i9404-k3314629-The_Darsh_Guide_for_wise_tipping-Cairo.html

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are going to use them next year and payment is at the end of the tour even for the hotels.

Has anyone paid with MasterCard or Visa? They take both, and our costs will be around $1,000.00 with 3 days and 2 nights hotel and sound & Light show etc. They said we could pay on-line but how is that done on the spot in Egypt?

• 2 weeks later...
Even though you pay in cash, do you have to supply credit card information to book these excursions?

Not with this company. He is taking all of the risk. And, we are flying into Egypt and need 4 nights hotel. I will likely provide/pay for at least the hotels before we leave as it will be less cash to carry in our situation (longer than 1 night/2 days).

Jade yes you can pay individually with MasterCard or Visa

I didn't ask that question as we are flying into Cairo and not part of a group (although will be enroute to a Luxor cruise).

That is good to know that people can use credit cards on the spot (MasterCard or Visa), as they only mentioned paying in advance or in cash that day.

Even though you pay in cash, do you have to supply credit card information to book these excursions?

I would go with the tour operator that does not require payment upfront.

Do note that Memphis Tours (who does require 25% upfront), does have better rates on certain hotels that Ramses cannot match (including the Fairmont).

Ramses tour says You only pay for your tour AFTER you have finished your tour , no credit card information needed you pay the total at the end of your trip.

you can find more info here: http://www.ramsestours.com/egypt-shore-excursions/

• 8 months later...
We are going to use them next year and payment is at the end of the tour even for the hotels.

Has anyone paid with MasterCard or Visa? They take both, and our costs will be around $1,000.00 with 3 days and 2 nights hotel and sound & Light show etc. They said we could pay on-line but how is that done on the spot in Egypt?

Sorry to beat this dead horse, but do they or don't they take credit cards? I'm leaving in two days and although all other communication from them has be faultless, they still haven't answered that particular question.

Archived