equinox cabin info

glennarm

There is a wonderful thread for Solstice cabin info - All Things Equinox has diverted to a web cam party - so I'll put a request for info here - Does anyone know if the bed is located at the inside position for all Aqua Class rooms or does the position flip flop (inside, by the deck, inside, etc in alternating cabins as it seems to on the Solstice) when I posed this question to the Celebrity rep, she stated ALL the Aqua Class cabins are IDENTICAL -- probably reading off a script -- Does anyone know if the Equinox follows the Solstice pattern or if they are truly all identical. We would prefer to get a room with bed in inside position, sitting area near deck. Definitely doing Aqua Class, but need to know if we should research further to get what we want. (I'll enjoy my cruise either way, but prefer inside beds as opposed to by the deck if I can set it up now) Looking at 1533 or something near there. (and REALLY looking forward to cruising on the Equinox)

sherry -- thnx -- that was where I started, and found that cabins have different configurations on Solstice, my question is if Equinox follows suit (since the Celebrity rep gave me an answer that seemed too pat -- they are all the same - but Solstice is supposed to be identical to Equinox and they are NOT the same on Solstice) I'm hoping someone will get back from a cruise in one of the AQ cabins and have noticed that they are or are not all identical. (I just got off an NCL cruise where the balcony cabins are different sizes, same class of cabin, actually right next door to each other, and about 10 sq ft difference.)

The Celebrity rep is definitely reading from a script. I have booked a Concierge cabin on deck 9 and to make sure the bed was where I wanted it, my TA sent an email to the ship to check it out. Definitely check the sticky at the top of this site to find out where the bed is.

thank you elaine -- I had just sent an email to Celebrity after celebritydave (thanks to you also) mentioned he had his TA do the same. I'll let you know what they say -- I figured they must alternate since Solstice is supposed to be identical, and they alternate on that ship.

Equinox should be exactly as Solstice. Just look at my cabin sticky at the top of the page - go to the last page as I just updated the chart yesterday. Look for your cabin number or one that is in the same row. They do alternate for instance the cabin I chose - 1540 has the bed by the balcony but 1542 has the bed by the bath.

Be aware that there are 4 handicapped cabins next to 1540 beginning with 1538 and I don't know how those affect the alternating order in that row.

Elaine - thank you so much, that is just what I've been looking for.

Donna - again thanks, please note that I referred to your post in my original post (yours is the WONDERFUL site I referred to) and specifically asked the Celebrity rep if the bed was near the door or balcony, and she categorically stated, "all Aqua Class cabins are identical" hence I decided to pursue the issue with people that actually know what they are talking about (Cruise critic is THE place) I'm heading off to make my change to port side to take advantage of better sun on a westbound TA.:)

• 1 month later...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018&page=3

Here is a thread that someone did on Solstice cabins. The post at the top of my page by Mysticks1 has a pdf file attached. open that and you will find cabin information from everyone that responded to her poll. According to the way this details the cabins it appears they are every other bed is near the balcony.

Hope this spreadsheet helps.

Solstice [in March 2009] and Equinox [disembarked in Rome on Saturday]... On Solstice, I had Stateroom 1511 [bed adjacent to verandah] and on Equinox, I had Stateroom 1599 [bed adjacent to bath]... Bed position on Equinox--at least in the forward portion of AquaClass--seems to alternate in exactly the same pattern as it does on Solstice...

Please keep in mind that there is no Stateroom 1513 if counting on the ship's Port side between 1501 and 1605 [there are several suites starting at 1607 before the AquaClass cabins start again at 1621] to determine bed position...

Aside from some color palette changes and different art, the ships' interiors seem remarkably identical to me...

Equinox should be exactly as Solstice. Just look at my cabin sticky at the top of the page - go to the last page as I just updated the chart yesterday. Look for your cabin number or one that is in the same row. They do alternate for instance the cabin I chose - 1540 has the bed by the balcony but 1542 has the bed by the bath.

Be aware that there are 4 handicapped cabins next to 1540 beginning with 1538 and I don't know how those affect the alternating order in that row.

Donna,

Thank you so much for all your effort. Your list has helped me so much in booking our cabin!

Carla

Archived