Boston -- need van/limo recommendation

2serendip

My family of 4 (with my elderly mother) will be disembarking at the Black Falcon dock in Boston in a few weeks when we return from a Transatlantic crossing. We will have about 7 pieces of luggage and other carryons. We plan to go to Logan airport which isn't all that far away, but the cruiseline is charging $70 per person (total $280) for their transfer, and I'm trying to find a way to beat that. Public transportation isn't an option because of all the luggage and Mother. Can anyone recommend a reliable driving service? Thanks a lot!

Hi justbesure and 138 east -- well, I thought I had this all worked out, but I was surprised today when the owner (Frank) wanted my credit card number and complete payment in order to secure the reservation. This seems strange to me as our driver here in the LA area never asks for payment until we get to our destination, and we've been with him for years. Ditto with all the other taxi and drivers we've had throughout the world. Am I missing something? Do east coast people always pay everything before they even see their ride? Aside from that, he seems like a great guy.

I don't really know what the procedure is here. I still think $129 PLUS TIP to go from Black Falcon to Logan airport is way too much money. I posted back to you about another posting I saw where 3 people got a car service from the airport to Back Bay for $40. That's a much further distance. The cab ride from Black Falcon to Logan is $20-$25. Take 2 cabs and that's $50-$60 tops.

It's in this thread - Logan to Back Bay Copley for 3 people - $40. Are you getting more than a trip to Logan for your $129? If he is going to wait while you check your luggage and then take you to Faneuil Hall, it might be worth the money.

Yes, I think you're right. I was just a little worried about how difficult it might be to get a cab there at the dock, but I think I'll stop worrying and just go for it. It's only a 15 minute ride, I understand, and we have all day. How hard can this be? Thanks for everything. I'm going to start packing.

Archived