HELP need advice, first time...

NorthCarolina_Cindy

from anyone that has been there and done that or knows more than me!! Should cover about anyone!! Remember, first time cruiser, please bare with me.

We are arriving on NCL Majesty, on January 18, in port 7am to 3pm. Know nothing about tendering!! except that it gets you from point A to point B!! and back!!

We would like to do a Stingray excursion and I would think as early as possible and then knock around on our own. I have read really good things about: Native Way, Capt. Marvin's and Soto's. Looking for what would fit best in our time frame. Seems like I read Capt. Marvin's has a tour at 8:30am (be there 8:15).

Considering Sea Grape Beach, read good things about that. What about Hell, Turtle Farm, Tortuga Rum Factory and Rum Point? maybe something I haven't read about? shopping?

Would love to hear opinions and experiences. Heck, maybe the best is just relaxing on the beach and taking a dip to cool off now and then.

Seriously, just want to make to most of what time we have there.

Thanks - Cindy :)

[quote name=

We would like to do a Stingray excursion and I would think as early as possible and then knock around on our own. I have read really good things about: Native Way' date=' Capt. Marvin's and Soto's. Looking for what would fit best in our time frame. Seems like I read Capt. Marvin's has a tour at 8:30am (be there 8:15).

Thanks - Cindy :)[/quote]

Cindy,

We did Capt. Marvin's last year on the NCL Wind. I would definitely recommend them (even though I was terrified of the stingrays). Be careful how early you book since you are never sure if your ship will be late to port or if you do not get an early tender ticket. (The people on ship tours get to tender ashore first.)

Also make sure ship time and port times are the same. You do not HAVE to pre-book Capt. Marvins but is good if you want to absolutely want to make sure you can get on the tour.

Capt. Marvins in about 2 blocks from where you tender ashore. Go to their website and email them any questions. The woman who runs the office there is very knowledgable on the different ships and arrival times. She would probably be the person to talk to.

Have a great time.

We have been in GC twice and both times booked with Captain Marvins. We are headed there again soon. They have a half day tour to Stingray city that fits well within the time in port. Great excursion! Plenty of time to shop before you tender back to ship. Great Rum cakes!

Archived